JDM b16a ecu?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wolff05

I have a 97 si with a jdm b16a swapd... which ecu is best to use P28 or P72 ???

depends on your state, and OBD requirements. I would have to guess its a del sol since they were the only civics then that were had an Si model.

OBDII - use the 96+ del sol DOHC vtec ECU if they had B16's those years, or 1999-2000 Si ECU(I don't know the codes off hand) P2T maybe?

OBDI you can chip a P28 with a b16 fuel map (doesn't have to be a p28 if its chipped) or use a P30 or OBD1 PR3

its a civic si.. it has a conversion to work with the p30 that came with it.. but nothing is working right...like no speedo, no vtec, no rev limiter... a p72 will plug in without the conversion harness but i didnt kno if it would work..?

it should work in this case, but the fuel maps will be off, and you will need to chip it.

the USDM P72 has a controller for butterflies i don't know if you'll get any codes or not from it because I don't know if anything was done with the P30.

your saying its a 97si and its OBD1 stock? Unless you have a OBD2 P72. Do you live in the US? there were not 1997 Si models here other than the del sol, somebody just rebadged it.

Just check near your feet that you didnt kick anything out, and make sure its not your VSS sensor in your transmission.

im in canada.. on the ownership it says 97 civic si.. its a jdm b16a obd2 was converted to obd1 to work in the car...all the sensors are good n the p30 is not chipped or nething

run an obd2a p30 from the 97 Del Sol vtec

Back