JDM b16a into EG hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sound Streamin'

The tranny mount (metal L shaped bracket) that was sent with my motor doesnt even fit on to my block. I called the guy up who sold me my engine and asked what the heck was up. He told me that I needed the 99-00 Si tranny mount, so I went out and got one. This one doesn't work either. It fits the block, but it's too short.

Which mount do I need? The stock d15 mount doesn't work does it? That's pretty well the only thing I havent tried.

gallery_5_1_1091111790.jpg

The stock mount will fit with some modding. Cut the top bolt mount off of it, so there are only the 2 bolt holes left. Thats it. I did this (for not having time to wait for a new mount) and it works perfect.

I would assume you need a 94+ Integra Rear Bracket (doesn't matter which model). I've done 3 LS swaps in 92-95 hatches, and they used the 94+ teg rear bracket.

Esol's diagram is what you need...top middle. If it didn't come with your motor you're going to need the driverside "mount" also.

Originally posted by commador@Sep 6 2004, 02:26 AM
The stock mount will fit with some modding. Cut the top bolt mount off of it, so there are only the 2 bolt holes left. Thats it. I did this (for not having time to wait for a new mount) and it works perfect.
[post=386487]Quoted post[/post]​

Do not go cutting and using half mounts, do it right. The rear mount is an important one and you don't need to be half assing it. On that note, don't be telling people to half ass it.

Back