1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JDM B16A OBD1 Swap in 95 Civic EX

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by CivicSiR7, Feb 8, 2004.

1. CivicSiR7

CivicSiR7 Junior Member

Hey I need help on a swap you guys might know. Its a Civic EX getting a JDM B16A swap. My only problem is about the engine harness. I noticed that the D16Z6 motor has a MAP sensor on the throttle body and I also notice theres a EVAP purge solenoid. How would I get around this when the JDM B16A doesn't have a MAP sensor on the throttle body? Should I switch it with the D16Z6 throttle body? Also what to do about the EVAP purge solenoid? This is the only two problems that got me stumped. :huh:

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Your motor should come with a MAP, whether it is on the TB, or just hanging by a hose, whatever, just bolt it to the firewall, next to the TB. Didn't you ask this same question on jdmc?

3. sleepercivic

sleepercivic Senior Member

also for the evap plug as long as u use a JDM p30 it won't look for the evap, just zip tie it out of the way, or leave it hanging if u r lazy

4. bawllinonabudget

bawllinonabudget Junior Member

he posted it on honda-forum too

5. CivicSiR7

CivicSiR7 Junior Member

OK OK OK.... You guys caught me doing multiple posts. <_< I just needed a fast answer. ;)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted