jdm B16a/s1 tranny..clutch questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kingwilly

sounds like the same prob as that other guy only mine is a jdm b16a/s1 tranny so its a cable clutch and pushing in the clutch pedal is soft and ez,it seems like nothing is going on in the tranny..also i cant get it into any gear i dont know if thats the place racing shift linkage i got in it or what..does anyone know whats goin on?

when the car is off i can put it any gear,but when the motor is running it wont go in any gear..can someone help me out?

So are you saying that if you put the car in say 1st gear then start it up the car will roll ahead.. (does it roll with the clutch in as well as out or work normally once in gear)

When it's running and you can't get it in gear does it just lock you out or grind?

my brother told me i need to replace some clutch release bearing clutch fork spring and slave cylinder or something,what year/make/model should i say the parts are for if i go to honda or acura? i have a jdm b16a/s1 tranny/pr3 i think the pr3 are 90-91 jdm integra xsi/rsi i dunno tho..anyways i need to find the right parts can anyone help?

Your brother is wrong. If he told you to replace the slave cylinder stop listening to him because he doesn't know your car. You do not have one of these.

Try tightening the clutch cable first. It is a free fix. I am 95% sure that is your problem.

ya i tried that,theres no clutch pedal pressure at all,and in the repair manual it says replace the clutch fork/spring and release bearing.but i was wondering what other people think about this and what should i replace?

If you have tightened the clutch cable as far as you can go then your only option is to pull the tranny and see what is broken.

thats true,i guess ill just have to do that..one more thing do i get the clutch and stuff for a 92 integra gsr? and what do you people think is the best clutch for not too much money?thanks for the info

well i was having the same problem a week ago and i have a clutch masters clutch and i replaced the clutch fork spring and the release bearing when i did my swap and i have only put 10,000 miles on it over the past year. The problem turned out to be the clutch cable could not hold an adjustment once i put the new clutch cable on it was great.

On the front of your transmission, there is a black bar that the cable is attached to that actuates the clutch. By hand, can you lift this and move it the full range of movement, about 4-5 inches?

If so, pull the tranny, the throwout bearing is either not in position, or the fork that the throwout bearing rides on is bent.

When ordering parts, ask for tranny parts from a 91 LS. That's always worked for me, and they aren't "rare" like the GSR parts. As far as I know, everything EXTERNALLY on the transmission from 90-93 Integra's is interchangable.

Hope this helps.

IM me if you need more assistance with the "test" I described.

thanks for the info sirkid,ya i got brand new clutch cable,so i should get the fork/throwout bearing/ and clutch for 91 integra LS? or what?thanks again this info is important

Back