JDM B16a starter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kbtopdog

Honda Fanatic
Hello does anybody know what starter can I use for my 92-95 jdm b16a sirII, I need a starter for that motor and want to buy a US starter but dont know from what car. Does anybody also know the name of the bushing that the ball on the bottom of the shifter sits in, because my shifter moved down and is hitting the muffler pipe, where it has up and down play. Another quick question my motor idles good but when you drive it and come to a stop the rpm drops so low that the car cuts off, I adjusted the distributor and still nothing, my throttle cable has alot of slack i was told i need a different bracket on the intake manifold for it which would make it more tense , would that help??? SOORRY FOR SUCH A LONG POST I AM KIND OF NEW

Last edited:
Hello does anybody know what starter can I use for my 92-95 jdm b16a sirII, I need a starter for that motor and want to buy a US starter but dont know from what car. Does anybody also know the name of the bushing that the ball on the bottom of the shifter sits in, because my shifter moved down and is hitting the muffler pipe, where it has up and down play. Another quick question my motor idles good but when you drive it and come to a stop the rpm drops so low that the car cuts off, I adjusted the distributor and still nothing, my throttle cable has alot of slack i was told i need a different bracket on the intake manifold for it which would make it more tense , would that help??? SOORRY FOR SUCH A LONG POST I AM KIND OF NEW

First of all the starter is easy, use 94 or 95 Del Sol VTEC starter OBD I. Any part for the B16A SiR II can be sourced at a parts store by 95 Del Sol VTEC. Since that car has OBD I B16A. Second, I don't know what the name of that bushing is, so go to Majestic Honda - The Internet's #1 Honda Automotive Parts Store. You can find parts by looking at a diagram of your car. Third If you are using your stock throttle cable, get rid of it. Go to your local Honda dealer and buy a 95 Del Sol VTEC throttle cable, and bracket for the manifold. The cable should be $26, cheap as fuck. This is all assuming that your car is 92-95 civic.

b16a starter

Thanks I will get the del sol starter, but as per the throttle cable, my car is an EK I'm using that cable, so will the Del Sol cable fit on my EK, can I just change the bracket only and keep my throttle cable

should work but just say 96 Del Sol VTEC instead of 95. Your stock throttle cable is to long, just get the Del Sol cable and bracket.

Back