JDM B16A swap running crappy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FC3Sdrift

I did a jdm B16a swap into my buddy's 91 CRX SI, it idles super low, like 200rpm and when you rev it up its good, but then when you let off it drops right low or stalls out, drivin it it goes good, it just idles like crap, i used his engine harness and added the pins to it for vtec,o2 and knocksensor

I took off and cleaned the IACV, and switch to his old one
cleaned all inside the IM with TB cleaner
checked the TPS, and tried a different one
changed the coolant sensor
changed the sparkplug wires,and spark plugs
changed tha map sensor
unbolted the cat to see if it was clogged
put the old ecu in
tried turning the idle up, but has no huge effect
still does it

after changing all that it would idle decently sometimes until you rev it and let it drop back down and almost stall, and then it would sometimes go back to idling really low

It has nice crisp throttle response, no hesitation, revs through the rpms nice and good, but bad fuel mileage .....its only at idle thats being the big problem ...If it was my car i would just drive it around for a week to see if it clears up but i guess its to hard for him to hold the rpms up a bit
who knows how long the motor sat before, it was dirty as hell in the IM

He got a spare distributor from his buddy to try and see if that makes a differance?
other than that i'm running out of ideas

hmm... thats odd, it sounds like you did everything really, but after you change the dizzy let me know if it make a difference, and what ecu is he running and is it a virgin or chipped

its not chipped yet i was gonna burn him a spoon chip

I think its my own stupidity, when he got it the TPS got smashed in shipping so i changed that out after, but i never cleared the codes lol......could the ecu just be stuck in limp mode from the old codes???

how do you clear the codes on a honda?

i listened and looked around for a vacuum leak and cant find any...could there be an old code kickin around causing issues?

Back