jdm b16a; TDC and ELD codes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a 96 EK hatch, with a swapped b16a, wired to an obd1 P30 ecu, and when I'm driving, it feels like it's only giving it half the throttle it should be; ie. I can put the pedal down halfway, and the car barely accelerates, though it's usually smooth (sometimes it feels like the car's mis-firing, but more rarely)

The car idles smooth, around 900, It's just the driving that is the problem. I don't know if it's related, but it used to do this before, but then it would idle rough, wandering between 1 and 1.5, but it would drive perfectly.

My car is throwing codes 8 and 20, top dead center, and electrical load detection, I think the tdc sensor wire is in the 9/8 wire connectors below the dizzy, and I think the previous owner must have had a starter or alarm, because all the wires appear to have been spliced, or split, or w/e, most of them have a spot of copper wire showing on the ECU side of the plug.

I think that's all I know that should help, if you need to know anything more, I'll be glad to go check, thanks alot in advance guys.

Back