JDM B16A Tranny problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adnoh

JDM B16A, at high RPM'S shifting second to third sometimes doesn't go. It works fine at low RPM'S, but requires a few tries at high RPM'S. Mabey syncro's??? I dunno.....any ideas?

Well, my 1+2, and my 3+4 syncros are shot. So time to buy a new tranny.
Which one does everyone reccomend? Another B16 tranny, a GSR Tranny, or Type R with LSD?
I know the Type R is the best, also the most expensive, but is it really THAT much better than the GSR tranny? With the power the pretty much stock B16A2 is pushing, will I really notice that much of a difference between transmissions? Or should I go the cheap route and just rebuild my current tranny, which only has 40,000 miles on it?

IMO, stick wit a b16 tranny...the b16 doesnt have the best of torque, so stick with the tranny designed for it...

if u want better gas mi. instead of better accel. then look into one of the others

jdm ITR w/4.7~ final drive with oem lsd,,,,,,,,but good luck finding one without having to buy a complete motor.

second choice would be the siR2 tranny

Originally posted by JDMilan@Apr 27 2004, 04:21 PM
jdm ITR w/4.7~ final drive with oem lsd,,,,,,,,but good luck finding one without having to buy a complete motor.

second choice would be the siR2 tranny

:werd: great setup but hard to find

Originally posted by JDMilan@Apr 29 2004, 12:21 AM
B16 WITH KAAZ

Explain.........
you mean a KAAZ LSD?
Sounds expensive.

If you order through hmotorsonline.com you can get the LSD option for only $300....sure beats the $800 most distributors want for a KAAZ LSD.

Back