JDM B16a with bolt ons

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Just a DD for now, Im building a High comp LS and that will be dropped in soon.

Thats not too bad. I wonder what mine would hit with H/I/E?....oh and the supposedly 5% hp increase form the Hondata IM gasket.

I'm thinking I'll get BAR'd and then put some stage 1 cams in, chip my JDM ECU and get a tune.

I've heard of Revspeed and that they dyno tune. I'm guessing they know a few things about tuning a B16 then? What was the charge?

Thats not too bad. I wonder what mine would hit with H/I/E?....oh and the supposedly 5% hp increase form the Hondata IM gasket.

I'm thinking I'll get BAR'd and then put some stage 1 cams in, chip my JDM ECU and get a tune.

I've heard of Revspeed and that they dyno tune. I'm guessing they know a few things about tuning a B16 then? What was the charge?

Probably arround the same, Tom was saying that most B16s only hit 130-135whp and some b18c's only hit 140whp on his dyno.

I went in there with a phearable chip and hit 115whp lol came out with 150whp with a stock hell of restrictive muffler.

He charged me $200 for about 8 pulls, If you come down to fresno Ill be more than happy to take you down to the shop.

I went in there with a phearable chip and hit 115whp lol came out with 150whp with a stock hell of restrictive muffler.

He charged me $200 for about 8 pulls

So you hit a 115whp and he got you 35? Your fuel/air must have been all jacked up. Thats a sweet $200 for 35whp....yes please. That put your motor at about 190 crank hp. But those are big injectors on your motor. What is your TB bored out to? Its 60mm stock and I was told its only as good as the intake but I don't know first hand. Maybe you benefit from it in part to your injectors. I say you port the IM to match the head and put some mild cams in it. You might get 25+whp. That could be high 13's on street tires....in the short stroked teggy. You're probably mid-high 14's now.

Is Pherable the system they like to tune with at Revspeed? I figure when i do chip an ECU, I'll find a tuner first and get what they like to tune with.

So you hit a 115whp and he got you 35? Your fuel/air must have been all jacked up. Thats a sweet $200 for 35whp....yes please. That put your motor at about 190 crank hp. But those are big injectors on your motor. What is your TB bored out to? Its 60mm stock and I was told its only as good as the intake but I don't know first hand. Maybe you benefit from it in part to your injectors. I say you port the IM to match the head and put some mild cams in it. You might get 25+whp. That could be high 13's on street tires....in the short stroked teggy. You're probably mid-high 14's now.

Is Pherable the system they like to tune with at Revspeed? I figure when i do chip an ECU, I'll find a tuner first and get what they like to tune with.

yeah I went in with 115whp off a phearable.net chip. f/a was shitty as fuck! the injectors are quite big, stock injectors would be better but its the ones i have on now.....so why change em right??

TB was a stock LS bored to 62 or 64 cant remember. Im gonna leave the B16 at 150 right now because of my high comp LS. maybe LS vtec lol.

Revspeed tuned it with crome, all you have to do is socket your ecu and run a stock base map and your tuner can use what ever tuning software he wants.

Just socket the ECU? So in terms of my JDM p30, I just do that? Don't a need a chip inside that it attached to my ECU and the socket?

Okay....yes I liked it. Makes me want to put cams and sprockets on my head and get a nice tune. Need the BAR first. Its hard to get a hold of any ref. I leave messages and no call back....bas-terds

I like it. Its noticable at how louder VTEC is on a DOHC than SOHC.

Now my hate :D...motor mounts! I saw your damn battery jump ming! :eek:

Yep its quite noticable lol.

Shit man,all my mounts have poly inserts! I would need solid poly mounts to stiffen things up.

another thing I would like to point out is that there is no dip in power when vtec engages, just a nice smooth steady climb in power.

sounds good man :)

your engine doesnt move much, i wouldnt worry about it. i have stock mounts and a lot more power than you. been thinking about some inserts but i hate the vibration.

yeah the vibration sucks man, I cant have the window half way down because you start to hear the window rattle....the hood rattle, the lip on the bumper rattle, the everything!

I got stock mounts but mine doesn't move that much...although I never had it dyno'd and don't know what it looks like under the hood when I am smashing down the road. Do you have all 5 mounts hooked up? A/C and front trans mount? I do.

Back