JDM b16a1 into a 93 integra quick questions with pics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jcevo1001

first off I would have got a C5 if I could afford it but budget called for a $599 b16 sir 1 from a JDM XSI...

anyways .. there are 2 sensors on the b16 block below the intake mainfold that I have no idea where they plug up ... I have a guess .. but can't chance it..

first

underintake.jpg

I think there is a yellow red wire with a boot that hooks up to # 2 ..but the yellow green wire and the black ???? I have no Idea

second on the new exhaust manifold there are what looks like 2 one wire 02 sensors and on my old downpipe I have 1 three wire 02 sensor ?? ..I want to know do I keep the downpipe 02 sensor wired to the harness and wire up 1 extra 02 from the new manifold or do I wire all 3 or just the 2 on the b16(new) manidfold

exhaust.jpg

thank you so much .. and if it helps I can design web pages and am really good with photo shop
you can check out my pages ... some of them aren't done yet ..but I can help you with web stuff if you help me with my car ..

www.jcoupe.com <- main site for my business
www.jcoupe.com/z <- joke about myspace its a profile for my dog
www.jcoupe.com/thedrunk <- I am making a site for a band ..not done but good music
www.jcoupe.com/thedt <- a car club page I started for a friend ..art and faq are the only working links
www.jcoupe.com/car/car.html <- is a write up about my swap
www.myspace.com/jcdinc < - example of how I can manipulate MySpace with css to give a completely custom look ..

Thanks for your help ...look forward to hearing from some fellow swappers ...
jcevo1001@gmail.com

Use your old Intake manifold to replace the 2 o2 sensors on the new motor they wont work for your car
You're changing OBD b/t the motors so you need that 3/4 wire O2 in order for it work

Quoted post[/post]]
Use your old Intake manifold to replace the 2 o2 sensors on the new motor they wont work for your car
You're changing OBD b/t the motors so you need that 3/4 wire O2 in order for it work

my intake manifold from the b18a had the wrong pattern of bolt holes... I used the throtle body from the b18 cause the tps was missing and there was vacum hose connector that was smaller than on ..but I had to use the b16 intake manifold I have a really cool picture to of how I made the b18 fuel rail fit on the b16 intake manifold.. I will go take a picture this afternoon

the sensor you said was the knock sensor is actually the fan turn on switch...and the other one below is for the oil pressure light...when ur oil pressure is extrmely low...it will trigger the oil light on the dash

email to Mr SI
danm ..dude I was hella noobing out bro .... I noticed that the fan switch used to be by my thermostat on the b18 .. but I couldn't find the plug .. and the oil sensor housing was stuck on my block ...so I ended up snipping the wire ..short anyways after a few days of no one posting anything .. I crawled back under my car and checked it out .. I found the yellow/red wire that connects my oil dealy .. and I found the wires from the fan switch connector were the same colors as the mystyrious plug from my harness .. so I figured that one out but thank you much ..

do you know whats up with the O2 sensor .. I am using the JDM b16 sir1 exhuast manifold ( it has 2 - 1 wire o2 sensors) and the USDM b18a1 downpipe ..(with a 3 wire 02 sensor) ... do I need to wire one of the e.manifolds 02s to the new ecu ??

Thanks again ,
James

Back