JDM B18C into 1994 Civic VX Wiring (HELP)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hookedonhatch

I am in need of some serious guidence. I have a complete obd1 jdm b18c swap on the way. I have a stock 1994 civic vx. I need to know exactly what do as far as wiring goes. From what i hear i cannot use the engine harness that comes plugged into the b18c because its from a right hand drive car and will not fit. Now will i need to buy a usdm gsr harness or can i use my stock vx harness that is in my car right now. If that is possible step by step what do i have to do to get this thing wired correctly. I work for best buy as a mobile electronics tech so i know how to wire and am very good at this kind of stuff. I just need a knowledgable answer to my question. Also to my knowledge all i have to wire up is the knock sensor, the IAB/ for dual runner manifold, and convery my o2 sensor from a 5 wire to 4 wire. I need to know specifics. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated, Thanks :worthy:

Thanks for that cspeed info as far as the wiring i have talked to dwnthehatch and heres what i dont understand. Did he use the gsr engine harness and just plug it into the shocktowers. If so i am not going to be able to do this unless i get a usdm gsr engine harness correct. Thanks

No, he used the Civic VX harness, and just repinned the canon plugs so that the wires would go to the right place at the ECU. He did it in a VX, and they have the wire for the o2 in a different place than the other models. He did the exact swap your talking about.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Dec 3 2003, 04:37 PM
No, he used the Civic VX harness, and just repinned the canon plugs so that the wires would go to the right place at the ECU. He did it in a VX, and they have the wire for the o2 in a different place than the other models. He did the exact swap your talking about.

I used the GSR engine harness that came with the motor and plugged it into the VX shock tower harness.

Originally posted by dwnthehatch+Dec 4 2003, 11:12 PM-->
@Dec 3 2003, 04:37 PM

I used the GSR engine harness that came with the motor and plugged it into the VX shock tower harness.

This thread is to end all of the confusion about wiring a USDM b18C1 into a VX civic using the VX harness.

That's from the how to. This should be at the top....

ALL YOU HAVE LEFT YOU DO IS PLUG IN YOUR ECU AND PLUG THE 3 VX SHOCK TOWER HARNESSES INTO THE GSR MOTOR HARNESSES.

To avoid confusion.

Back