1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JDM B18C into 1994 Civic VX Wiring (HELP)

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by hookedonhatch, Dec 3, 2003.

1. hookedonhatch

hookedonhatch Junior Member

I am in need of some serious guidence. I have a complete obd1 jdm b18c swap on the way. I have a stock 1994 civic vx. I need to know exactly what do as far as wiring goes. From what i hear i cannot use the engine harness that comes plugged into the b18c because its from a right hand drive car and will not fit. Now will i need to buy a usdm gsr harness or can i use my stock vx harness that is in my car right now. If that is possible step by step what do i have to do to get this thing wired correctly. I work for best buy as a mobile electronics tech so i know how to wire and am very good at this kind of stuff. I just need a knowledgable answer to my question. Also to my knowledge all i have to wire up is the knock sensor, the IAB/ for dual runner manifold, and convery my o2 sensor from a 5 wire to 4 wire. I need to know specifics. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated, Thanks :worthy:

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

3. hookedonhatch

hookedonhatch Junior Member

Thanks for that cspeed info as far as the wiring i have talked to dwnthehatch and heres what i dont understand. Did he use the gsr engine harness and just plug it into the shocktowers. If so i am not going to be able to do this unless i get a usdm gsr engine harness correct. Thanks

4. xj0hnx

No, he used the Civic VX harness, and just repinned the canon plugs so that the wires would go to the right place at the ECU. He did it in a VX, and they have the wire for the o2 in a different place than the other models. He did the exact swap your talking about.

5. dwnthehatch

dwnthehatch Member

I used the GSR engine harness that came with the motor and plugged it into the VX shock tower harness.

6. xj0hnx

That's from the how to. This should be at the top....

To avoid confusion.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted