jdm b18c into 99 civic ex HELP????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok man one more question....Since im running the jdm obd2a ecu with the swap and using a obd2b to obd2a jumper harness, do i still have to pinout things in the ecu wiring?

ok man one more question....Since im running the jdm obd2a ecu with the swap and using a obd2b to obd2a jumper harness, do i still have to pinout things in the ecu wiring?

You will have to run wires for the IAB solenoid, as the civic harness won't have that built in. Also, you may or may not have to run a knock sensor wire. On my 93 civic I did.

You will have to run wires for the IAB solenoid, as the civic harness won't have that built in. Also, you may or may not have to run a knock sensor wire. On my 93 civic I did.

What and where is the IAB....i know once you tell me im feel stupid

there is a knock sensor on my civic...so thats taking care of but how and where do you run the iab wires???.......sorry dude

no, the IAB's are the butterfly valves on the gsr intake manifold. The gsr and h22 are the only 2 honda 4 cylinders with it. Look at the intake manifold. Halfway through it you will see what looks like an inch wide spacer going all the way across. The IAB solenoid is on the driver's side of the intake manifold.

Run the wires to the approprate pins on the ecu. That info is available in the referance sectio here.

ok i have been tryin to find out how to do this whole iab thing....not having the best of luck....how would you wire it if i have a obd2a p72 ecu going into a obd2b car using the jumper harness? Sorry man im just trying to make sure i got this figured out before i do it so nothing gets messed up

Your stock harness wont be wired for the iab, so the jumper harness won't solve that problem. Just run wires from the plugs strait to the pins on the ecu.

Your stock harness wont be wired for the iab, so the jumper harness won't solve that problem. Just run wires from the plugs strait to the pins on the ecu.

but i have to run the jumper harness to convert from obd2b to obd2a....so with that i should still be able to add wires to the pins

Yes. In the reference section are the pinouts for obd2a ecu's. Just hardwire from the sensor to that. Your in-car harness isn't wired for the IAB's, and neither is the engine harness you are using. The jumper harness may or may not have the wires in place. Either way you will either have to hardwire strait to the ecu pin, or to the wire on the jumper harness coming from the appropriate pin.

Back