JDM B18C into DA

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wht92teg

ok so i have debated ls/vtec and a JDM ITR motor... power goals are real close so...

if i were to get the ITR i have a few questions:
1. Will I have to use a 92-93 Integra half shaft? and I am assuming that I need to use my 92-93 axles

2. What is the difference, if any, on a 96-97 spec'd ITR and a 98+ spec'd ITR motor?

thanks

well i figured out the differences between the 2 motors

* a 96-97 spec'd ITR has a 4-2-1 2 piece header and a 4.3? final gear
* a 98+ spec'd ITR has a 4-1 header and a 4.7? final gear

for that reasoning i guess they feel a $500 price difference

the final drive alone is reason for the price jump. a 4.7 for the lude is 750 bucks

damn which would you guess recommend? 4.3 or 4.7 final gear? :confused:

4.7 is better accel, 4.3 is better gas mileage. the choice is yours. once i get my engine out of the lude, an lsd and 4.7fd will be installed.

so if i want to have a somewhat descent daily, that i can run on the highway without going througha shit load of gas a 4.3 would be better

basically thats what im saying. i only drive the lude on weekends, so it doesnt bother me to put gas in it when i can run my protege for 250 miles (basically 2 weeks commute) on 20 bucks worth of gas. its really all what you plan to do. for a daily driver, id leave the 4.3. you can always upgrade later if you want to. they sell those on ebay pretty regularly.

thanks for the help guys, still curious as to which axles... i am pretty sure that i will need to use my stocks, but which intermediate shaft/halfshaft would i use??

BUMP

would you guys recommend using the stock ITR exhaust cam and a CTR intake cam or just upgrading cams to something like the buddy clubs or something??

Back