jdm b18c-r ecu

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SPEEDFREAK0920

hey what's up HONDASWAP?! i luv this forum and thought i'd ask you guys a quick question.

my gurl has an EG civic hb with a full jdm itr swap, well, she was running her b/f's usdm b16 ecu but he wants it back. So now she's looking for one. a performance shop around here is trying to charge her 300 bucks for a stock itr ecu. is that about right? will any b-series ecu work? she didn't know if she should spend some money on something aftermarket (like hondata) or just stick with OEM. all she has is bolt-ons I/H/E/CLUTCH. She said she's not going to do anymore work to the car.

will a stock jdm itr ecu be fine? can someone tell me the ecu code? thnx for the help, she and I would greatly appreciate it.

alex

p28 w/ crome is your best bet.

the itr ecu is obd2. you'll have to do some conversion crap.

obd1 is where its at.

the p30 is running her motor lean. i hope she doesn't beat on it...

what ecu is the p28? how much does Chrome cost and where should she go to get it? if she did get the itr ecu,what's all involved in the conversion? damn...thnx for the info.really helps out. and she babies the hell out of her car.i only have heard vtec at 5500 once.i'll def. let her know asap bout the lean issue. hey PISSEDOFFSOL thnx for helpin me out bro

alex

d16z6 ecu is the p28. its a vtec ecu with no knock, and obd1. once tuned, it can run just about any engine out there.

crome basic is free.
crome pro is 150 bucks.

tunewithcrome.com

but you will need to socket the ecu, get the chip burner, wideband, etc...
or, go see a pro tuner. a STOCK itr map is not hard to find.... you may very well get away with just running a basemap.

the p30 map isn't bad, its just too lean up top due to displacement of the motor and the power makes. the igniton map is ok though.

the conversion is a pain in the ass... and really not worth it.

are there any pro tuners around chicago,illinois that you know of? this other shop has an ecu that they said is exactly like the p28 but a little cheaper,with a skunk2 chip for 230. is that a good price? also,i was wrong about what ecu she was using. she had an ecu out of her b/f's old eg hb si.he's taking it back and going to sell it for 350. hopefully i'll be able to find a p28 for cheap.thnx again man

what's the difference between the p28 and p06? i remembered the shop has p06's with the skunk2 program for 230.is that a good price? will a chipped p06 work just as well as a chipped p28? thnx

and your girls ex will never get 350 for that ecu. lol if he does, it better have a couple ounces of a controlled substance on the inside in nice little baggies.

you're in the 3rd biggest city in the usa. i'm sure there's someone near chicago who tunes.

check the forums at pgmfi.org. they have a sticky of tuners for the software

haha i thought that was waayyy to much. i found stock p28's on ebay for 100 bucks.so it better be some potent stuff inside like u said! lol

thnx for the info on the skunk2 chip.

would it just be easier to get a jumber harness(obd1 to obd2) and buy a p73?

Quoted post[/post]]
haha i thought that was waayyy to much. i found stock p28's on ebay for 100 bucks.so it better be some potent stuff inside like u said! lol

thnx for the info on the skunk2 chip.

would it just be easier to get a jumber harness(obd1 to obd2) and buy a p73?
Stay obd1. I think the p73 ecu's have an immobilizer and you have to have the right kind of key for it to work. Maybe not all of them, but I am not sure. You can't play around with obd2 like you can with obd1, so that might or might not be a good thing, depending on if you want to tune down the road.
p28 with a stock type r map or a custom tune would be my choices. Go with that. Follow the Xenocron link at the top if you want just a chipped p28 with a stock type r map. Chris hooked me up with a custom basemap when I bought my ecu from him. Really good communication/people skills too, just a straight up good guy to buy from. Forget about obd2, it's pretty useless right now, since all the development for obd1 has already been done. Unless you can get a free p73, and just have to buy the harness. That is the only time I'd stay obd2.

mikebergy: thnx bro for all the help and info. where's that Xenocron link? because that sounds like the best bet.i read that Skunk2 post and definately don't wannna go that route. how much do ecu's with type r maps cost? if you could plz point me in the right direction for the Xenocron link i'd greatly appreciate it man.thnx again for the help

Back