JDM B18c Swap into an EK Coupe. Help!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

u n v me23

Im in the process of buying a JDM B18c Swap. I plan on dropping it into a 99 civic ex coupe. I have some unanswered question. Would my factory harness work with the swap or do i need to buy another harness for it?
What else do i need to buy to swap it into my coupe?

I brought b-series mount for the swap, will the mount brackets of the y8 work to mount the gsr? I also brought the odbII to obdI harness conversion. Someone told me that the harness should work since it is wired for vtech, but I would have to wire the disturbutor.

I brought the 2000 si rear mount bracket. I have the ecu, shift linkage and axles, is they anything else I would need to change or get?

Alright, lets get something straight here. Is the motor you are buying OBD1 or OBD2?

Im not sure what you mean by "wiring the distributor" but as far as I know you need to wire in the VTEC solenoid (already done for you by your EX harness).

As for the mounts, you'll need driver side upper mount from a B-Series, a rear t-bracket from a b-series, and an upper tranny mount from a b-series as well. You may also need a b-series throttle cable, I know I did for my swap. Which was also an integra motor into a civic, just no vtec. As far as I know, everything else should be coming with your swap. Shift linkage is needed too. But you are fine with that harness, just a couple wiring mods you need to make.

ouch obd1 swap.. well. i just got a obd2 swap for my 97 ek.. in the process of having mine done.

basically this is what i know from mine.

you need the shift linkage, harness, ecu, axels out of the integra
2 mounts from Civic SI (US), Civic SiR (Canada)
A/C mount from 94-95 del sol if you want to keep A/C
as far as the harness goes, you dont need the WHOLE thing for the swap, just parts of it. you will basicaly be using 90% of your harness with some added on integra parts/pieces.

thats all i got outta mine so far, my swap is going into the "shop" this coming weekend. ill let you know if i need to add anything to mine

Heres what you'll need to make the swap work in your ek.
1- obd2 dizzy or get a obd2 dizzy plug and rewire
2- drivers mount off your original motor/ after hasport one)
3- 99-00 civic Si rear tranny mount ( the front tranny you can use the original)
4- keep your gsr/si ecu if its already obd2b or buy obd2B-obd1 jumper harness with obd1 ecu
5- gsr/Si shiftlinkage, axles, and midshaft

You will need to use your stock ex engine harness. Everything is plug and play besides having to extend the vtec wires and knock sensor.

Hope this helps

Back