Jdm b18c

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tesla220

Chance favors the prepared mind
So I decided to go with the JDM B18C, The GSR version. (stuffing it into my 89HF). Got it from Hmotorsonline complete with LSD trans, axles, spindles, brakes, shifter, mounts, a/c bracket, the works all from one place and all the stuff to swap is hasport. Very clean engine. Well packaged and the guy at Hmotors knew his stuff too.:thumbsup:

My question is what throttle cable do I need? The one on the 89CRX HF is too short I'm sure. 94 Integra GSR cable?

Thanks

Its in and done actually as of the end of may. I used a GSR Cable cuz it hooks up differently than all the others.
This is a quick outline of what Ive done with the car since last year.

Id like to thank youz folks for your help on this project.
I bought this car with a blown head gasket in 1996. Used it to go everywhere including work everyday for 12 years. Rotting body and burning oil meant that with 260K miles on the ticker it was gonna get crushed or fixed. I loved driving the car so much even with the "neck snapping power" of the 62 HP that I opted to just fix it up a bit. As usual for me though I got carried away and did the whole car over.
I did a labor trade with a couple body guys who needed timing belt job on a 3.2TL and a rear diff on a Jeep. That took care of the body work. I had to pay for the paint job strait up.
I bought the engine swap complete from Hmotorsonline.com They were great. I got the motor, trans, axles, A/C Bracket, shifter, and cable clutch to hydro tranny adapter too and that stuff was all Hasport.
Enjoy the pics please.
This is what it looked like with the GTI wheels, I drove it like this for 12 years.
before.jpg

Then They ripped it apart and found way more rust than I thought
BodyWork2.jpg

BodyWork.jpg

After the body work, suspension and wheels/tires
Done.jpg

This is where I loose it and blow my retirement
JDMB18C.jpg

Hole in my wallet
Holeinmywallet.jpg

Ol' reliable with 260K Miles
Oldtrustylump.jpg

Sweet
JDMB18C2.jpg

Making one wire harness from the two old ones as per Rywire directions was time consuming cuz I wanted not to go back and do it twice. it worked perfectly right out of the gate with no check engine or driveability issues
Wiringjob.jpg

At this point I'm wondering how I'm gonna stuff 1.8 liters of s@!t in a 1.5 liter hole. It was noticeably larger and heavier too.
Install.jpg

Slowly, thats how.
Stuffitin.jpg

Just another shoehorn away. At this point Im feeling like Wil E Cyote jumping up and down on one of those ACME kits of his. The rear mount bracket goes in DURING the install so I was sliding under the car alot. The lift positioning the car 2 feet off the floor made it easier.
Shoveit.jpg

Its in..
Itsin.jpg

Then new exhaust. Oh BTW, the ol HF system did actually bolt right up to the stock exhaust on the new engine albeit was just barely large enough to cover the gasket. I had to use 2 super long and skinny bolts to do it. It got me to the exhaust shop where they did this
AfterBodywork.jpg

Twin tail pipes on a Walker and a cherry bomb and its still kinda loud. V-tech IS loud
Suspension.jpg

Now for some SERIOUS fun
Funtime.jpg

yeehaa.jpg

Back