JDM B20Vtec Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I need some help.

We burnt up 2 ecus tonight. We got the car running but the resistors burnt up in the ecus.

Any ideas what could be happening?

I know that the car needs to be tuned but that shouldn't burn up the ecus....

Any ideas what could be happening??

Check the wiring to make sure nothing is shorting out

I mean in theory it should blow the ECU fuse first correct? Sounds like 12 volt is going somewhere it doesn't need to but also check grounds thoroughly

Okay so we checked everything over tonight checked all the ground checked all the wiring the only thing that we found that was messed up or two things I had the 4 bar map sensor on there and the computer doesn't know how to read it because it's not tuned for it yet so I took that back off and put the stock map sensor back on at the one bar and the other thing is that the little guy at for the intake manifold the wire came loose some wondering if that's what shorted out and burn up the ECU so we fix all of that and we figured out why it's not running right it's got the 550cc injectors in there and it's not tuned for those bigger injectors so the ECU doesn't how to compensate for all the extra fuel coming into the motor so I got a buddy of mine coming by tomorrow he's going to burn me a base map I've got a p28 ECU that socket and he's going to burn me a base map on a chip for me so we can at least get the car running and then that way we can go home or diagnosing and get a few more the bugs worked out plus I got redo the oil return and feed lines and not their leaking.

So I will know a lot more tomorrow night.

you need to put a stock map sensor back in it (10 psi max) and fix your other issues and it should run but needs tune asap

Im thinking about buying a ecu eprom
Burner

And just burning my own damn basemap.

Nobody around here can keep their word apparently.

Shit getting on my nerves.

I forget where in Florida you're located but look up a guy on facebook by the name of Neal Sutton, his prices are reasonable and he's great at diagnosing weird stuff particularly wiring and he chips/tunes ecus. He's based out of Tampa and works out of his house he's pretty much my go-to when I can't figure stuff out.

And he has a K swapped turbo Toyota MR2 thats pretty sick.

not being rude but you dont have the knowledge or as do I to correctly write a basemap, do it correctly and pay a professional to make you a quality tune, any tuner is going to want the bugs worked out before touching it as stating a few weeks back

I live in O.P. Fla

But I went through some of my connections and found a local guy named Dustin he says he csn hook me up tomorrow night for $40 for the basemap.

So I'm ganna hook up with him. He tunes and does basemaps. And he builds motors.

I got my skunk2 front and rear strut tower bars, skunk2 vtec housing and cap and my new oil return fitting to fix my oil return leak.

That was all delivered today.

I should have my base map chip in by friday.

I got my skunk2 front and rear strut tower bars, skunk2 vtec housing and cap and my new oil return fitting to fix my oil return leak.

That was all delivered today.

I should have my base map chip in by friday.
you can do it yourself on ls 5th but id pay a professional and put new syncros in while at it

Back