JDM B20Vtec Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fuck ac get car done can add/change later and you have a daily, id get it running with whats in there on a super conservative tune and keep building the backup motor on the side , now I get what you are saying though

Thats whatI am thinking too. Put the money where it matters right now.

That way I can finally drive it and start to enjoy it.

I'm going to mostly drive it at night anyway.

I work from home and I own a 2016 camry se with sports package. Its a nice ride.

So my honda is my play toy anyway.

And when I started all this I wanted to go fast lol.

I agree man. Harness, Motor, and tune First.

A/C last lol.

I think I've made my decision.

Thanks for the input. Sometimes it just helps hearing it from other people ya know.

And I can sell some of this ebay shit I got.

I have 2 brand new log style cast iron manifolds

A barely used brand new ebay turbo

And an extra brand new skunk2 70mm throttle body that I can sell.

I also have another ebay turbo too. But its huge and I dont think it would fit anyway i can sell it too.

And then I could put that money towards a really nice turbo, manifold, and downpipe setup that is guaranteed to fit a/c with no fab.

From now on I'm buying nothing but new name brand products when it comes to turbo shit ect...

Now I'm confused. I thought you were going use Turbonetics turbo, wastegate, and that manifold that you bought for $250? If it checks out mechanically, there's no reason it can't be used. I'd have the turbo reworked before putting it on the car, though.

Also, you should put some thought into the turbo you use for the car. The size and design will make a huge difference in how the car performs.

Ya I am going to use it for now.

I'm probably just going to run it for about 6 months.

Then I'm going to buy a bigger better higher flowing turbo to match my motor. But the manifold and downpipe will be a/c friendly.

I've probably got another year or 2 before I'm completely done with the car.

Because once my motor is finished I'm going to start working in the interior and once thats done then I'm going to start working on the body.

I want to get the car to near show quality.

I want it to be a fun fast nice looking ride that I can enjoy for years to come.

I'm getting a 2 dollar raise at work so I will have extra money to accomplish all that.

But anyways hopefully soon the car will be ready to drive.

So I've been talking to dustin some today.

He needed some help around the shop and running some errands.

He told me is going to cut me a break on what he charges bcuz of helping him out.

He is going to clean, measure, hone, polish and blueprint my block

And of course balance and assemble everything.

once I grt the parts. He is also repairing my harness and replacing bad plugs and sensors and he is soldering the wires and wire tucking everything.

And he is going to paint the block and replace any and all rusted bolts ect ect...

GSR block has been sleeved and is already back. Just need to finish up paying off the balance. I started at $3300

I've got the balance down to $1200 so I'm getting there.

Is there anything else I should have him do or check or whatever

He was saying I should wait to assemble the block until I have the parts to rebuild the head too. He wants to do everything at the same time basically.

Also. As far as plans go:

1. Fix harness and solder wires and replace bad sensors and plugs and wire tuck.

2. Bolt my turbonetics turbo and wastegate on and make adjustments to downpipe and bolton all that.

3. Bolt the intercooler up and make adjustments to piping to make everything fit perfect.

4. Get the car to idle as close to near perfect as possible and make adjustments here and there and get it ready to tune.

5. Set a time to take it to dyno and tune it then hit the street and make a couple minor adjustments and then finish.

That is the current plan with my b20vtec.

Future plans:

1. Pay off balance and get the rest of the parts for the gsr internals.

2. Start buying parts to rebuild the head and I mean nice high end parts so I can safely rev it to 9500 with np.

3. Blueprint, hone, polish inside and outside of block. Remove all dirt and grime.

4. PnP head, 3 angle stainless steel valve job, new springs, retainers, locks ect...

5. Pick out a nice set of cams.

6. Get adjustable cam gears.

7. Get valve cover vented and powder coated.

8. Assemble and bolt everything together and retune the car and drive it.

9&10 Is buying the stuff to redo interior and then get a nice alarm and paint it.

Thats the direction I'm going.

I am done doing things halfass and I'm done with ebay unless its a reputable seller with the correct parts not ebay garbage.

The 2 biggest mistakes I made was listening to people I shouldn't have and buying useless ebay knock off parts.

It doesn't make sense to have close to $10,000 - $12,000 in a car and then have a $600 ebay turbo shit on it.

I want all nice high end parts and I want it all done right.

If I am missing anything let me know.

And if there is something I should ask Dustin or have him do for me please let me know.

I also forgota couple things.

He's going to fix and repair my si gauge cluster, get a timing cover, get a flywheel dust shield, replace and fix my wiper actuator arm for the wipers, I have a fee extra bolt on stuff he's going to do, fix my headlights and my blinkers so all my stuff works properly and safely.

And any other odds and ends that need done.

Car needs a lot of work. A lot more than I realized. But it will get done and it will be right. And at this point thats all that matters to me.

.... dude isnt cutting you a $2100 break for running errands/shop cleaning and hes financing it ? Yeaa rightt... and the turbo pics you posted were from a sale ad im sure ... again you are either talking out your ass again orrrr this is a long ongoing bullshit thread still I keep going back and forth but my fishy alarms going off again

lol you swept my floor and ran and got parts heres a $2100 discount that totally keeps my lights on and covers parts/labor/shop expenses ... wrong

andddd I thought this was your car before the swap and you drove it until the b16 died... soo pulling motor and putting one back in fucked the whole cars wiring etc ? shit gets dumber daily

and im not scrolling back but we havent seen the car or all the mods you say have been done last pic was half unplugged motor and fleabay turbo literally laying in the engine bay, I think its still at your buddies and buddy is still doing all the work

Why is it so hard for you to believe?

And you took my comment completely out of context again as usual.

I am tired of your petulant stink that smells up this thread.

You bicker and complain and bitch about irrelevant bullshit to the point of no return.

I have nothing to prove to you and I will not indulge you for a 3rd time.

I will post a picture and a video once my car is drivable.

Until then YCSMDB

lol I just noticed the rev to 9500 comment... you wont ever make power that high , and no pics/video till its running ? seems like even more bullshit and going to be a long time till then from what you say

im gonna have to find your buddy Dustins speed shop online and see what the scoop is

lol I can post rest of convo if I wanted to be a dick... but isnt as explained to us
Screenshot_20170320-155321.png

my faith has been lost... nails coffin shut , just keep it real dude seriously

Back