JDM - Badges

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@Sep 29 2003, 06:46 PM
Chingro, thanks for your help, sorry i was being a dick to you awhile back, about a day or two ago... my apologies

NP B)

Sorry but putting JDM badges on a USDM car is gay no matter what mods you have.

Originally posted by Stock91GT@Sep 30 2003, 11:34 AM

s3ee776a7704ed.jpg

Originally posted by Stock91GT@Sep 30 2003, 11:34 AM

I had a 91 civic SI hatch, and i replicated a 91 SIR, with B16A engine full swap, front bumper whole interior, cluster, rear dics brake conversion, lights, everything i could get my hands on...and all parts were made by HONDA.

I proudly wore the JDM badge...and everyone loved my car.....it was't even lowered & i had 95 GSR wheels on it.....this was back in 1999-2000 (i remember becasue when i finished my swap, it was the first year the B16A civic SI came out)

these were taken the same day the swap was completed...it was even outside the garage it was done at in Long Island NY....*the guy in the pic is my brother*
http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/chingro/black.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/chingro/engin.jpg

Well, the unfortunate thing is, you can put as many Type R/JDM/whatever parts on your car as you want (including badges), but your car will never BE a Type R/JDM/whatever unless it came that way from the factory.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Sep 30 2003, 03:38 PM
Well, the unfortunate thing is, you can put as many Type R/JDM/whatever parts on your car as you want (including badges), but your car will never BE a Type R/JDM/whatever unless it came that way from the factory.

so.........

my point is not gettin one..but maybe i enjoy building one or trying to.

anyways..this is getting lame....i was over the JDM thing years ago..i preffer the clean look, with no badges, no molding.nice paint job .etc. .

at least he didnt ask where to get a body kit. i personally like the jdm look, and i think its far from played out, because i have NEVER seen a jdm looking car in my town. my car was the first car to have black wheels. lmao

most everyone is just JDM wannabe pussies. If you do something, do it right. Save your money, do the research, and import the fuckin car from Japan. Then nobody has any "JDM rice" beef with you because your driving on the right side. Either it's full JDM, or your not JDM - Your a riced out USDM.

well i guess if you guys are right...alot of RICED out USDM cars were featured in many import magazines.

Also back in 99' my 91 SI hatch, with the JDM B16A COMPLETE swap w/ITR header, LSD Transmission, full JDM exterior setup (bumper, fenders, hatch, rear spoiler, badge, etc.), 90% interior JDM setup, EVERYTHING ON THAT CAR WAS BUILT BY HONDA,
if i knew back then what i was building, BIG USDM RICE. <_<

you guysare something else.....well i guess we all have different prefferences :sleep:

Originally posted by chingro@Oct 1 2003, 09:08 AM
well i guess if you guys are right...alot of RICED out USDM cars were featured in many import magazines.

Also back in 99' my 91 SI hatch, with the JDM B16A COMPLETE swap w/ITR header, LSD Transmission, full JDM exterior setup (bumper, fenders, hatch, rear spoiler, badge, etc.), 90% interior JDM setup, EVERYTHING ON THAT CAR WAS BUILT BY HONDA,

you guysare something else.....well i guess we all have different prefferences :sleep:

Sounds nice except for the badge. Way to ruin a sweet car.

Originally posted by chingro@Oct 1 2003, 07:08 AM

IT'S STILL USDM.

It doesn't matter if everything in/on the car was built by Honda. That's cool and all, I'm not dissing the setup, but it's not JDM, not matter what you do.

you know what , the ONLY people who give a fuck about JDM are those who know about it...which is like .0000000000000000000001% of the population. even alot of tuners/ricers dont know what JDM is.

I Fuckin HATE clones. I dont care what they are, JDM or fuckin mustangs made to look like fake ass saleens. Fuckin Pointless!!!!!!!

liquid00meth said it perfect. Go fuckin import a car if you want JDM. Cuz if you're drivin on the left, it ain't JDM, :fr:

I swear here in san diego thats all you see. There's some stupid fat ass at Ralph's supermarket that has a mustang GT with a shitty Saleen kit and these wannabe saleen rims, and Flows, and even the fake saleen window sticker. He fuckin revs it everywhere. the funny thing is that he doesn't even have the side vents like the saleen so it is so obvious its fake. i laughed so hard when he drove by me. :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Sep 28 2003, 06:54 PM
how bout starting with performance so that way when people see you in traffic, you wont be lying to them with the jdm badges you got on

Kinda like all those people with Type R stickers!

Originally posted by senate_9427@Oct 1 2003, 12:20 PM
Go fuckin import a car if you want JDM. Cuz if you're drivin on the left, it ain't JDM, :fr:

Shit man, even if you do a right-hand drive conversion, it still isn't JDM. If it ws sold in the US, it's USDM. End of story.

hmm, i kinda realized you guys have a pointless argument.

My USDM car is not a JDM car, it was ment to be and was a JDM replica...with TONS of OEM JDM parts, including the engine/tranny.

i didn't go around telling people my car was a EF SIR......
i say it's a 1991 SI hatch with the 88-91 SIR complete swap with LSD, and etc.

I never had a BADGE on my car that had nothing to do with the type of engine ENGINE it had. Those who do are the ones who i identify as RICERS

AGAIN I WORE MY JDM BADGE PROUDLY, AND IF SOMEONE QUESTIONED IT, I SHOW THEM THE ENGINE.

:p

If you think the badge on your car is representative solely of the engine you have in there, then you deserve to be laughed at.

I had a JDM H22A in my Accord, but there wasn't ANY way I'd put JDM badges on there. It's silly. I had DOHC VTEC stickers on there because that's what it had. It wasn't "JDM". I didn't badge it as something it wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back