JDM climate control install Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jdubspeeds

I just won an auction on ebay for a jdm climate control for my 91 civic. Does anyone know whats all different or what ill need to change to make it work.... or does it just bolt right up (or screw I should say) Help me out boys@ :worthy:

WTF... Whats wrong with the jdm climate control.? I asked for help in installation. Not smart remarks about my decision. You guys can be a pain some times.

hey man whats up. i have been researching this for a long time and acutally bought the whole front clip of an integra to be able to.

1.) the main component of climate control is a motor that moves the heater control valve by a cable.

most older hondas use a slider or knob which manually does this

newer ones use a knob which controls the motor - u can tell by moving the know or slider and if it his hard to move than there is no motor

2. otherwise the wiring diagram would help you, but the harnesses are needed to connect to the blower motor, ac compressor and mode switching motor(which most hondas have)

sooo good luck!! ull need it. by the way anyone with a 90-93 teg that wants to attempt this, i have 2 climate control units (one for sale) and could provide u with the diagrams.

peace

ive been looking at doing this myself. and for those curious, one reason is I prefer the amber backlighting over the green. though I know i could prob just change out the bulbs. oh well. Anyway, whitewrx, if you get this figured out, please post.

i know on the eg's you have to take your radio out and the center console to be able to un-bolt the climate controll. ill ask my freind when he gets iff from work for more info... :ph34r:

Well I just spent one full day trying to get my buddies jdm GSR climate control to work on his R. We ended up taking the entire dash off and we do have all three AC components including the harness for the install, the thing is we got the auto Ac to work but we couldn't transfer the motor from the jdm auto AC to his usdm AC unit, so all in all there is a lot of "fabrication" to make it work and to be honest he finally realized that it was more of a pain in the ass, and it was.

You can try to get it to work, I have yet to do it on EF's. I bought one for my EG and I never ended up putting it in. Just make sure you get the correct motor for the auto AC.

Milan

other then auto a/c, did it work? cant u just push the a/c button to turn it on but the heater control will work? let me know :spin:

Back