JDM D15 for a D15B8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92hatchR

I have only done a little searching, but i am asking for some quick helpful tips.
I have the D15B8 non-vtec, and just bought a JDM D15 vtec. I am getting ready to start the swap, but I have a few questions concerning it. Here we go

1. Will most of the sensors swap over?
2. Do I need a new wiring harness and ecu?
3. Can i just hook up and run a Vtec line, and have my ECU flashed by Honda?
4. Will my stock 5spd tranny transper to my new engine?

Sorry for the noobie questions, but this is my first swap, and going from 70hp, to 130hp is going to be crzy. Thanks for you help

Counterstrike RULES!!!!!!!!

Need a engine harness prob from a ex, new ecu, tranny will bolt on, and make sure to replace new belts and little things like that. And i suppose you know wher to run the pins for vtec??

Im not quite sure were the Vtec pins go? And are you sure ill need all that stuff, sorry for doubting but i just want to make sure.

yep, what midnighter said..new ecu and wiring harness. im not sure about where the vtec pins go, someone will tell you im sure.
replace the belts, i'd get a new water pump, new clutch etc..the little stuff

THank you guys for your comments. I have the car going into the shop Monday. Now my mechanic usually does American cars, and im really not sure if he knows what he's doing. SHould he be able to figure it out. How long should this take???

any comments on this swap are welcome

Back