JDM D15b in 92 Civic hatch ECU?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b5gregory

I am installing a JDM D15B Vtec in my 92 non Vtec civic. What ECU do I need to buy, or will the one I have now work?

thanks, I did a little more research and I decided that's probably the easiest one to find anyway but I'm curious what difference there is between all the ecu's from vtec hondas/acuras will the ecu from an integra gsr make any difference, or is the p28 just as good?

different fuel and ignition maps, and sensor inputs.

the p28 is what you want to use if you didn't get the jdm d15b computer with the swap. the motors are nearly identical.

I know this is the wrong thread for this, but since you seem to give good advice, I've been checking out intakes and wonder how much difference they make on perfomance. the AEM V2 intake and the Weapon R Secret Weapon intake seem to be a few of the hot items. is one better than the other? are they all for looks and a bunch of hype about nothing? some ebay listings say that the Secret Weapon increased horsepower by 8 on a SOHC honda with no other mods, but I even the Weapon R website doesn't say anything about that. Any other suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated

Most intakes are pretty similar... the V2 has a tuned resonated chamber that might help you out, but I don't like long tube cold air intakes. Your best intake would be a short tube with a large velocity stack on the end with a filter that's behind a heat shield and pulling in cold air ducted from the outside. Don't hang your filter close to the ground.

I compared the wiring between my stock 1.5 non vtec and the JDM 1.5 vtec. The new engine has sensors attatched to somthing right behind the distributor, I'm assuming this is a part of the vtec controller, do I need to find a new wiring harness from a vtec civic to complete the swap?

Back