1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JDM D15B in 94 DX coupe

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by noboost1, Sep 11, 2010.

1. noboost1

noboost1 New Member

Hi, new here and have a few quick questions.

Just picked up a clean 94 DX coupe with a JDM D15B swap.

D15B is etched in the block, and it has the two solenoids for the 3 stage VTEC, but the casting on the head reads "P2J-6" which leads me to believe its a D16Y8 (ex) head. What would the casting read if it was an actual JDM cylinder head, if there is a difference between mine and the original, and will it run right?

I am trying to run this engine with a P28 ECU and P08 basemap, but am unsure about this cylinder head on the D15B block and unsure about which harness to use.

Will a D16Z6 harness with custom wiring for the 3 stage work?

Thanks
    Dylan

2. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

The JDM 3-stage engine should have a P2J head code(though not sure of the specifics) since it's a 96-00 engine.

A modified Z6 harness would work though you may want to switch to a 92-95 distributor(if possible) due to the crank sensor on the 96-00 engines. Both stages won't work with that ECU, so it'll be best to simply directly wire or use a switch for the first stage.

3. murray195

murray195 Member

4. noboost1

noboost1 New Member

OK, so it's more than likely a JDM head. I wasn't completely sure if you could install the 3 stage VTEC solenoid assembly on a USDM head.

And I was planning on wiring the 1st (16 valve) solenoid to a switch, and running the wild cam with the stock VTEC wire from the ECU.

What is the PN on the 92-95 distributor? The one I plan on running is a TD41-U.

What will I have to modify on the Z6 harness, and will it plug right in to the DX cabin harness at the shock towers?

5. noboost1

noboost1 New Member

Another quick few questions.

What is the sensor located on my cylinder head underneath the distributor? Has two pins.

And I have a connecter (looks like 4 wire) running down into my timing cover, presumably to my oil pump. What is that?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted