JDM D15B into 89 Hatch DX, ECU??????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ThrowbackHatch89DX

whats good everyone? i got an 89 hatch DX swapping a jdm d15b sohc vtec motor, now my mechanic said to use a si ecu the pm6 so that is what i bought. i was wondering what is the difference in performance and just in general with the pm6, p28, and p08 and any other ecu i could use. what is the best, and what do y'all experts recommend. i already have the pm6 so i hope it is pretty good to use. also is there any difference if i were to run it without vtec vs with vtec? how much of loss would it be not wire the vtec? thanks

Tony

I got the same engine in my 90 crx dx, I went with a pr3. It has the vtec programmed in it. U can find one on ebay chipped for not too much.

whats the point in getting a vtec motor not to have vtec? yeah you want it even though it isnt as drastic as a dohc it still creates power. just get a chip for your ecu, im sure there is one on ebay for an si ecu. try searching it works well for questions like this one or look in articles and tech on this site.

p08 vtec ecu is the ecu used with that motor. i'd go with that. i have one if you want to buy it.

Originally posted by ThrowbackHatch89DX@Jul 9 2004, 12:14 AM
whats good everyone? i got an 89 hatch DX swapping a jdm d15b sohc vtec motor, now my mechanic said to use a si ecu the pm6 so that is what i bought. i was wondering what is the difference in performance and just in general with the pm6, p28, and p08 and any other ecu i could use. what is the best, and what do y'all experts recommend. i already have the pm6 so i hope it is pretty good to use. also is there any difference if i were to run it without vtec vs with vtec? how much of loss would it be not wire the vtec? thanks

Tony

Tell your mechanic to take a hike. Why even get a vtec motor to run a non-vtec ecu? What distributor are you running? What O2 sensor? Sounds to me like he's gonna keep all the OBD1 electronics and stuff your OBd0 electronics on that motor.

Back