jdm d15b into 95 dx w/ d15b7 auto

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sparkymonkey

I'm almost ready to begin the swap. The engine is on order and should be here in a week. I've read up on the v-tech wiring. The po8 ecu will be here w/ the engine.

Is it easier to do the swap without removing the transmission, or do i have to pull the whole thing, swap the trans out of the car and reinstall w/ the new engine?

you can do it either way but for me its just easier to pull the motor and tranny,

I agree it would be much easier to remove/replace tranny while it is out, much easier. Probably easier to remove/replace motor and tranny as a whole anyways.

ok, time for an update and a few questions.

First, the engine is in and mounted. the wiring is plugged in except for a few things.

Regarding the sensor found on the back of the intake of the old d15b7 that has a vacuum tube running from the intake manifold and another from the top of the canister. It has a 2wire plug w/ a red wire and a yellow w/ black wire. What is it? What do i do w/ the old vac line? Do i need it w/ the po8 ecu?

ok, I think i've figured out what it is.
The pcv system purge valve. It uses intake vacuum pressure to open the pcv valve.

The new question is, what does the sensor do? Will the p08 ecu monitor this? Can I use a "T" fitting on one of the other intake vac lines to hold it open? If I do, am I gonna have issues w/ the other items controlled by that line?

Back