jdm d15b into crx ( no spark)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CmR333

CANT THINK OF ANYTHING
ok i will keep this simple. i just finished putting in the d15b in the rex, it already was mpfi and i ordered the obd0 to 1 jumper harness and the vtec sub harness and a p28. i did all the necesary lengthining of wires and i swaped over the obd 0 injectors to the new engine. i also have replaced the cap and rotor, plugs and it has a new fuel filter. it turns over all day long but no spark i guess. i know its getting fuel to the rail because after i got sick of trying to start it i pulled the fpr loose and there was fuel there. If its of any relavance when i pulled the old motor it wasnt starting either, i was doing pretty much the same thing. someone help me out please!! this thing needs to be running like yesterday.

do you know for a fact that the dizzy is good? test the blk/yel wire at the 2 pin connector and see if it has +12v when your cars in the on position. if it doesn't then the problem is in the wiring. if it does have power however then its possible the igniter is bad.

here's how to test it

igniterunitinputtest.jpg

so i tested everything and a bad coil is to blame. and no it will not pass smog with the exhaust i have built. but i live in florida so that dosent apply to me

NOW I HAVE A NEW PROBLEM. it starts it idles kinda ok but when you go to give it gas it hesetates then revs real choppy and when you try to feather the throttle it dies out and back fires a lil... i havent messed with the timing and the tps is still a little messed up but im kinda leaning torward mao wiring, i have heard all about this whole map sensor on the firewall and i honestly have no idea what anyone is talking about. the only thing i even saw that the map wiring even came close to is the vac. actuated dealy on the side of the intake mani on the old motor. help me out again please!

Back