Jdm D15b Q's?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDM95CIVIC

Ok i have a 95 ex civic shell the motor is blown in it i was looking in to buying a d15b and swaping in there. Do i just buy d16z6 parts for it when i need like timing belt,water pump and things like that or would i need to use other things? also thought about turbo in the long run just wondering if any one has done turbo on this motor and if it was a fun driving car with it. im just wanting to make 165-175 to the wheel nothing speacial just a fun dd. any feed back would help thanks.

you can get belt and everything for a z6. my buddy did boost on his and was pushing 8 lbs all day. he liked it. it was a pretty fun car. you just dont wanna do too much boost cuz then you have to get internals and noone really makes internals for a d15b

Z6 belt is slightly different; use VX(D15Z1) parts.

The rods for the D15B VTEC are the same as the Z6, and there's plenty of them out there. FJT is making rods specifically for D15B-VTECs and Vitara pistons. 175whp boosted is definitely possible and an easily attainable goal.

D-series.org

Go there, go to search, and type in my username and search for posts under my username. Go to the first post I made in the introduction part of that forum.
Someone there gave me 2 very helpful links that tell you all the parts numbers, what parts are interchangeable, most of them are from a VX, some from Z6, etc.

Back