1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jdm D15b Q's?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by JDM95CIVIC, Mar 7, 2008.

1. JDM95CIVIC

JDM95CIVIC New Member

Ok i have a 95 ex civic shell the motor is blown in it i was looking in to buying a d15b and swaping in there. Do i just buy d16z6 parts for it when i need like timing belt,water pump and things like that or would i need to use other things? also thought about turbo in the long run just wondering if any one has done turbo on this motor and if it was a fun driving car with it. im just wanting to make 165-175 to the wheel nothing speacial just a fun dd. any feed back would help thanks.

2. joshuaclifton

joshuaclifton New Member

you can get belt and everything for a z6. my buddy did boost on his and was pushing 8 lbs all day. he liked it. it was a pretty fun car. you just dont wanna do too much boost cuz then you have to get internals and noone really makes internals for a d15b

3. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Z6 belt is slightly different; use VX(D15Z1) parts.

The rods for the D15B VTEC are the same as the Z6, and there's plenty of them out there. FJT is making rods specifically for D15B-VTECs and Vitara pistons. 175whp boosted is definitely possible and an easily attainable goal.

4. 93civicracer

93civicracer Oh, I do a little here and there.

D-series.org

Go there, go to search, and type in my username and search for posts under my username. Go to the first post I made in the introduction part of that forum.
    Someone there gave me 2 very helpful links that tell you all the parts numbers, what parts are interchangeable, most of them are from a VX, some from Z6, etc.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted