JDM D15B Vtec into 93 fodo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the o2 will come last also, i have a pic that ill post to help with that, so you will know what it looks like

the o2 sensor plug is circled, this is what yours will look like thats where you plug in the 4 wire o2 sensor but if you gona run a 1 wire o2 just splice into it like i did and zip tie it up out of the way.

Attachments

• crx 001.jpg
    crx 001.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 1,170
one other thing that you will need to do with the wiring - the D15B has the MAP senor on top of the throttle body - your DX used a firewall mounted MAP sensor - you will need to unplug the MAP on the firewall and plug it into the MAP on the throttle body - the wires probably won't reach - you may be able to free up enough slack in the wires inside the car where the wiring goes through the firewall - if not you will need to splice a short piece of wire into the 3 wires in order for them to reach

Has anyone ordered from tigerjapanese? Shipping calculator to Texas on thier site says $205 is that just an estimate or is that final? If it is then I can order on monday probably.

Damn $550 shipped?? I could see that for the engine itself but the engine, tranny, and ecu? Maybe $850 minimum.

Damn $550 shipped?? I could see that for the engine itself but the engine, tranny, and ecu? Maybe $850 minimum.
yea 550 was just for the motor, but if your gona spring and get a new tranny also try to get the lsd tranny the d15b also came with a lsd tranny

It says "add 5-speed hydraulic transmission - $175". Think it's THE d15b tranny?

JDMTigerJapanese - Engine with tranny $590, add ecu for $150, shipping calc. says $205
so total - $940 if the shipping is correct.

Hmotors - Engine $499, add trans for $175, add ecu for $125, shipping costs unknown but that would be $800 before ship.

And I want to find a VTi emblem and a Ferio emblem and also a Vtec emblem if I can :p

yea just ask them tomorrow if they have a lsd tranny for it they came both ways

Alright you know what...I'm having a LOT of trouble deciding what I want to do. I've got just about enough money to buy a d15b vtec but I got a raise at work and the boss tells me I got more coming :D:D:D if I wait another couple months I can get a b16a sir 2 changeover...Hard choice considering I want to hurry up and get it back on the road but I also want to run this guy's supercharged Sunfire and this supercharged Cavalier and I don't want to be slow.

Is it very complicated swapping in a B? I looked on Rywire they have a dx to b16a wire harness conversion but is it a simple fit just take out the old put in the new?

a b-series swap is very simple. Check out c-speedracing.com for a step by step tutorial into a swap. Also, the wiring is very simple. Don't waste your money on a jumer harness when you only have to run like 5 or 6 wires

You call THAT simple? Jeez..I've never done anything close to a swap before. But I'll save up for a b16a and give it a shot. Probly take me forever.

D15b Vtec and 129 hp next week.....B16A sir 2 and 169 hp in 2 months harder than a bitch install but faster....but if I get the D15b vtec with vitara pistons, eagle rods, and some machine work i can run 300 whp with a turbo later on.....i'm getting headaches every day thinking this through....fuck....lol

The B16a isn't that hard to install.. in fact the B series into the 92-95 Civic is actually one of the easiest motor swaps there is.

if you cant wire it like i couldnt get it to work the engine will still work plugged into that ecu so just plug it in and drive it to your local performance shop and have them do it it only cost me like 70 bucks bringing the total of my mini me swap to a whopping 200 bucks

Back