JDM D15B VTECH Swap into 88 dx hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtec has no h.
please learn that.

it will bolt to yoru stock tranny.

you will need to do an mpfi fuel conversion
obd0->1 conversion
vtec wiring
misc thigns that i don't know cuz i dont own a 4th gen :)

vtech.JPG

you virtually have the same motor but older in your car allready.
i wouldnt even waste the money,aside from vtec its the same damn thing.

then what head can i mate to my stock d15 to produce 130-ish whp? are there any other engines that will bolt up to a dx transmission?

I'm looking for the absolute most cost effective means, to answer the previous question, thats why I was looking into the jdm d15's, as they are similar to my stock engine and it looks like it may bolt in with just some wiring.

i wouldnt mind that number coming after some bolt ons.

and no, i dont think a phone will power my car very well.

hey i think i have that phone heh.

I am about to drop the same engine in my crx dx.........go on eBay and u can get the same engine for 475$ shipped for free to a business and a 6 month warranty. Check out my forum post to see what people have told me. Peace.

um....I wouldn't get an ebay motor, but its up to you. hmotorsonline.com forever for me :p

The people I got it from offer a 6 month warranty and sell these along with other engines like hot cakes on eBay. The engine I got is clean as new, and I recieved it in under a week. I e-mailed others that had purchased engines from these people (makoto_autoparts). Plus I needed a replacement cause the huge ass 92 hp the DX engine puts out wasnt gonna cut it.

We did a d16y8 head on my old d15 block. It turned out nice but the kid we built it for ended up wrecking a couple weeks later after he added NOS. Dumbass needed break work instead.

Originally posted by PHOBIA@Jun 13 2004, 12:40 AM
you virtually have the same motor but older in your car allready.
i wouldnt even waste the money,aside from vtec its the same damn thing.

its not the same thing, they have better cams the block is also stronger and can withstand forced induction this is the strongest 1.5 and it would be fine to put in his car ifhe plans to turbo it and it wont be to costly

Back