JDM DOHC F22 argument.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EG_squeegee

Clean Squeegee
I need to end this. My buddy claims that there is a usdm version of the dual cam f22. I'm almost positive there is no such thing only jdm, anyone wanna shed some light on this situation?

I need to end this. My buddy claims that there is a usdm version of the dual cam f22. I'm almost positive there is no such thing only jdm, anyone wanna shed some light on this situation?

The H23 is extremely similar, but there's nothing actually labeled as an f-series engine that's got dual cams in the US besides the S2K engines...

The H23 is extremely similar, but there's nothing actually labeled as an f-series engine that's got dual cams in the US besides the S2K engines...

Damn, you beat me to it, but yeah the H23a is about as F22b youre gonna get in the U.S.

your buddy might of seen a f22 with a h23 head swap, and was probably dumb enough to listen to whoever he was talking to, to let them lead him into believing that its from factory as is. No offense.

As far as I know there is no f22 DOHC from factory

only in japan did they come that way other than the s2000 in the states. the f22 dohc came in a japan prelude

well he was kinda right the f22 s2000 is a usdm dohc motor lol

your buddy might of seen a f22 with a h23 head swap, and was probably dumb enough to listen to whoever he was talking to, to let them lead him into believing that its from factory as is. No offense.

As far as I know there is no f22 DOHC from factory

There's the S2000 motor, which is factory dual-cam, obviously. There's also a JDM non-VTEC dual-cam F22 that's very similar to the US-spec H23, so it might have been that...

yes, the F22B DOHC was never available in the U.S. It was a FWD engine, non-VTEC.

the F20C1 and F22C1 are available in the S2000 in the U.S. They're obviously RWD and have VTEC.

Back