jdm door swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slammedvtec

i just paid for some 1991 honda civic hatch doors from japan, i dont have the doors yet, so i havnt looked at them, but wat would i wire the power windows up to?

power windows, power folding mirrors, theres a tweeter in the door and side compartments on he power part.. my 93 si duznt have any of that..

but you bought 91 doors for a 93 car

in japan, the 1991 is the same style as the 93, is anyone gonna answer my question or am i gonna have to figure it out when i get them?

oh yea duh,,but anyways i know that the plug should be there it will be ziptied up out of the way or taped out of the way at least the newer civics are like that but just run the tweeter wires down to you speaker with a bass cap on it

yah it was a pretty lucky pick... got both doors for 150 cad and thanx :)

im very excited i get them tmorrow :D then the install and i have to figure if i just have to switch the window buttons over because the dual control is on the passenger side becase the doors came from japan, and i dunno i have the switch the relays over or not.... anyone have an answer?

lol i forgot about that you cant switch them from door to door because it wont fit right

how are the window controls set up? if you put the dual control on the drivers side, will it still fit? when i did the doors in my 240sx, it was easy because i just swapped the whole doors and wired them up. but on the eg, i'm not sure how the paneling is and if they will match up.

yes i got the doors tday there the same size on both sides, but now another questions... i have to switch my door locks outa my old doors, how would i come about doing this cause the new doors didnt come with keys... :S and i hear the power folding mirrors.. when u shut the car off they fold in and when u turn it on they fold out.. im sooo excited...

if you want them to fold you will have to wire them up to the ignition. to switch the door locks, you have to pull the door panel off and remove it from the inside. it's pretty easy.

oh well ill have to pull the panels off and see wats underneither theres a plug on each door, im not sure wat its for... or if it for everything.. but ill have to figure it out when it warms up enough to stay out there for more than half hour

does anyone have a wiring diagram for 92-95 honda civic doors with power folding mirrors, power windows, and possibly power door locks, i took the panels off when i got them and there was this green box that said door lock controls, maybe power door locks? but there was no buttons for it.. so i dunno if its usefull, but if anyone has this diagram it would be very usefull

thanx

Back