jdm ecu : possible cel problems??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

maxbodyworks

maxbodyworks
thats it is there any common problems with the cel ,....with a jdm ecu,.....also,..when i go to pass smog is it going to create a problem with not being the correct ecu for that car,.....

I have a 97 integra gsr with a b16a swap from an earlier model lude or del ...i think 91,...current ecu p72 obd1 with a jumper harness,....

i had the cel off at some point, and it was running great ,...but one night was exceptionally heavy footed ,....speed limiter was on effect a few times and i think the ecu is now fucked,...is there a way to test ecus,...some bench test,...

let me know asap,....

I want to order a type r obd2a that plugs right in to the car

hit me back,..

MAX

Max...you are kinda all over the place with the problems you're facing....hard to understand

Sounds like you have a CEL but what is the code you read????

Not sure on smog in Nevada but in CA....that car would get flagged quick. You have an OBD1 motor in and OBD2 car with a OBD1 JDM ECU for yet a different motor (B18C OBD1 P72). Is the motor JDM too? If its USDM...it has an Evap Purge Solenoid that JDM ECU's don't read. What about the Alt Dizzy and Injectors? Engine Wire harness?

I truly believe you need an OBD2 set up in there. People do different stuff and drop OBD all the time but I dont like it at all....just my opinion though,. If you got $4500+.....get that type r then. If you get a JDM swap...the Harness wont work in a USDM car without heavy sodering mod's. But an USDM OBD2 VTEC harness (your original still in tact?) will work well.

Back