1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jdm ek folding mirrors

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by evcivic, Aug 12, 2003.

1. evcivic

evcivic Junior Member

:unsure: jus got a pair of ek folding mirrors and have no harness plgs 4 them help....... what will work... i have a 98 dx ek ....

2. tedwright

tedwright Senior Member

are they the power folding mirrors, like where you push a button and they both fold in?

3. evcivic

evcivic Junior Member

yea they r the folding ones

4. word

word Senior Member

your 98 dx ek's don't come with power windows correct? you'll either have to:

1. buy the mirror switch/harness from a JDM (usdm don't have the folding button) EK, and wire it up (it's a bitch). Unless you park in really narrow spaces/roads where people'd hit your sideview mirrors like in Asia, I don't think it's necessary.

2. buy a usdm mirror switch/harness, you can adjust the mirrors but cannot get it to fold.

3. just put it on and adjust it by hand by pushing on the glass itself. That's how the spoon manual windows work.

4. custom switches biaaatch :lol: button on your shiftknob, nitrous switches, etc etc.

5. evcivic

evcivic Junior Member

i have the folding in and out button i jus do not have the harness the plugs into it and the same for the mirrors jus the harness is missing

6. ludeconduct

ludeconduct Senior Member

Cut the harnesses that you do have off and solder the wire's together with shrink tubing over your connections. The hardest part is routing the wires and keeping them hidden.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted