Jdm Engine Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

icedog75

Bit of background for starters. My son's Integra GSR was stolen and recovered minus the drive train and some interior components. Contrary to my better judgement-we decided to replace the engine with a JDM engine. We bought a front clip because we needed extra parts and used an unnamed facility in South Miami to do the swap. After 2 1/2 months, and many problems (thieves used wire cutters to separate the computer from the harness causing huge problems, JDM harness was set up for right hand drive and didn't fit-I believe a non-VTEC harness was used and modified) we got the car back. Runs like garbage.

There's a clutch problem (dangerously high engagement-so high I think it might be slipping as well), drag header with no provision for O2 sensor. No cat, so no secondary O2 sensor-no O2 sensors at all-I don't know how it's running. Zero torque at the bottom end-feels like timing is way advanced or the cams are mistimed (we had the cam belt replaced before the engine went it). High RPM miss of some sort (original wires and distributor guts-probably need replacing).

HELP! I'm in over my head troubleshooting this. No experience-I grew up on small blocks and muscle cars. This scene is pretty new to me. Any thots?

Tks.

Have you pulled the codes yet? If not, do so. Those will be your biggest help in trouble shooting this. Have you contacted the shop that did this for you?

damn, next time you should try replacing the clucth before the motor goes in because its not fun to do while the motor is in the car. wire harness could be totally messed up, not having an o2 sensor at all could be the major problem. my advice is get the codes but get a header that lets you put the o2 sensor in it or take the header to a welder and have them weld in a flange for your o2. timing belt could be off a tooth, there are several things that could be going on. check the codes, take it to a reputable honda dealership or import mechanic, i wish you and your son luck wish i could help you more.

Back