jdm engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smooth95

does the 92-96 h22 jdm engine have 200 hp or 220 hp not sure

Not sure about 92-96, but 97-01 had 220. The reference section doesn't say for 92-96 JDM H22... Sorry. :thumbsdown:

reference section. Engines. Black top, 200 hp Red Top 220.

Both JDM, one is slightly better massaged at the factory. More than likely, unless you are spending a lot of $$$$, you will get the 200 hp, 161 lb. ft. torque model.

Originally posted by tab@Dec 22 2003, 12:52 AM
reference section. Engines. Black top, 200 hp Red Top 220.

Both JDM, one is slightly better massaged at the factory. More than likely, unless you are spending a lot of $$$$, you will get the 200 hp, 161 lb. ft. torque model.

This is correct.

92-96 JDM H22A is 200hp (black valve cover)$2000-2500
97- JDM Type-S 220hp (Red valve cover)$3000-4500 that ive seen

One of the major differences between the two are the pistons i believe, the red valve cover engine has nigher performance pistons.. runs at a slightly higher compression due to is ability to over the black valve cover engine. Also the 220hp vesion of the h22 is called a Type-S.

Type-S runs 11.1:1 CR
Base JDM runs 10.6:1 CR
Base USDM runs 10.2:1 CR
...all based on piston specs only.

Type S engine also has a hand-ported intake manifold, better-flowing head, upgraded valvetrain, slightly more aggressive cams, a better-flowing exhaust manifold, and slightly better connecting rods.

Originally posted by h22freshman@Jan 6 2004, 12:22 PM
One of the major differences between the two are the pistons i believe, the red valve cover engine has nigher performance pistons.. runs at a slightly higher compression due to is ability to over the black valve cover engine. Also the 220hp vesion of the h22 is called a Type-S.

Isn't the intake manifold hand polished as well? I think I read that somewhere?

Bruce

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jan 6 2004, 10:43 AM
Type S engine also has a hand-ported intake manifold, better-flowing head, upgraded valvetrain, slightly more aggressive cams, a better-flowing exhaust manifold, and slightly better connecting rods.

:D

what is the difference between the jdm and usdm orelude engines besides the horspower and torque

compression, ecu specs. They're damn close, and you can use parts from either one together.

Back