1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JDM F22B DOHC non-vtec

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by tab, Oct 29, 2003.

1. tab

tab Super Moderator

A buddy put in a F22B in his accord, but he said he's running rich and needs to know which ECU is the right one for that engine. It is JDM, DOHC, NON-VTEC, and I was thinking the H23 p14 should do the trick, but I'd like some input. Thanks.

2. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

That ECU should work fine. Is the engine knock-sensor equipped? What about IAB's?

3. tab

tab Super Moderator

I'll ask him, I wondered myself, but does the H23 have knock sensor or not? The F22B is only what, 9.2:1 compression, so I was guessing it didn't.

4. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

H23 definitely has a knock sensor, and it's 9.5:1 compression. The F22B may very well have a knock sensor if it's running a similar compression.

5. tab

tab Super Moderator

He says he's gonna double check on the Knock Sensor, but didn't believe that it had one. He also mentioned that it did in fact have an IAB, but it was removed and an aftermarket intake was installed. That may be part of the problem, what do you think? I try to keep things the way they were supposed to be, so I cut out as little as possible.

6. stage5ab

stage5ab Junior Member

Hey,

I am the buddy tab was talkin about. I have checked the car and the engine. The POA ecu doesn't have or support a knock sensor. The engine doesn't have a know sensor.

Thanks for the help

A

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted