JDM F22B DOHC non-vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tab

Super Moderator
A buddy put in a F22B in his accord, but he said he's running rich and needs to know which ECU is the right one for that engine. It is JDM, DOHC, NON-VTEC, and I was thinking the H23 p14 should do the trick, but I'd like some input. Thanks.

I'll ask him, I wondered myself, but does the H23 have knock sensor or not? The F22B is only what, 9.2:1 compression, so I was guessing it didn't.

H23 definitely has a knock sensor, and it's 9.5:1 compression. The F22B may very well have a knock sensor if it's running a similar compression.

He says he's gonna double check on the Knock Sensor, but didn't believe that it had one. He also mentioned that it did in fact have an IAB, but it was removed and an aftermarket intake was installed. That may be part of the problem, what do you think? I try to keep things the way they were supposed to be, so I cut out as little as possible.

Hey,

I am the buddy tab was talkin about. I have checked the car and the engine. The POA ecu doesn't have or support a knock sensor. The engine doesn't have a know sensor.

Thanks for the help

A

Back