jdm f22b/h22 hybrid

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1. Is it possible to put a h22 head on a jdm f22b?
2. What is involved in doing this?, what will i need?
3. What should I expect to see for gains, and what should i expect to lose?
4. What would you recommend, besides just doing a h22?

yes you can do it. but you have to change everything that touches the timing belt plus a few others. is it worth it? ehh a couple ft lbs of torque and it's more dangerous to rev above 7400. what else can you do? i'd either swap an h22 or an accord euro-r motor in it.

Yeah just keep your stock motor... save for the h22 and before you put the new motor in... do something cool to blow it up!

yeah doing a f22b/h22 conversion doesnt sound to great for the fact that f22 are sohc and h22 is dohc so i wouldnt be too sure if the head bolts lined up perfectly right and the dowel pins, sounds like alot of modification for basically a h22.
you should keep the f22 in there and go h22. the real h23vtec engine sounds nice until you see the price :eek: <------they didnt have a smiley face that was having a heart attack
but what do i know i'm doing the h22/23 conversion and i spent $5000 on the engine so far and its not even halfway done

all these guys are correct. just either boost your f22 or swap it with h22 or h23, any of those are good options (compared to f22/h22 hybrid, which is like mixing fire and water see if you get to see both) :huh:

Back