JDM F22B with H22 head?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TheBritishKid

I've been really interested in getting the dual cam F22b from the JDM Prelude. Can I swap an H22 head on it? Wouldn't that be awesome for turbo?

I'm about in the same position as you. I swapped in an F22B DOHC last year, and its decent, especially with the bolt-ons I have for it. Now I'm thinking H22 head swap with a mild turbo, 6-8 lbs of boost. I got a complete H22 for $92 because it needed a ring job, the head is great though. I'm thinking of dropping it right on my F22B short block and seeing what happens. I have a few F22's sitting around, I've been thinking that maybe I should bore one of those, get some forged pistons, then turn the boost up even more. Revs can't be too high though, given the F22/H23 tendency to spin rod bearing #3. I think 6500-7000 should be reasonable enough. With enough boost, it shouldn't have to rev too high.

Hey, no, I'm glad to finally get a response!
So do you know if the H22 head will bolt right on or how much work it would take to do so? Either way, let me know if you get it goin' man I'd be really interested how it works out for ya.

The dual-cam F22 is essentially the same thing as a US-spec H23. I don't really see the point of spending money on a JDM motor that you're just going to swap the head on anyway when you could just buy an H23 block for cheap from the classifieds or something...

Back