JDM GSR into EK

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mikeyg323

For people that have done this swap, what kind of gas mileage do you average around? Do you always fill with premium?

Also another question.. when doing this swap, do you need the axles? Or will you be good without them? I cant see my D series axles supporting a JDM GSR but what are your thoughts

Mostly all b-series are all premium filled and NO your d-series axle wouldn't actually fit at all into a b-series! b-series has the intemdiate shaft!

Ok, the axles didnt come with the swap. Hmm...

What sort of gas mileage do you get with your swap? I'm wondering whether or not I should go through with the swap if I am going to be regretting it at the gas station.

What are your goals, Mike? What are you trying to achieve? I'm sure your gas mileage will depend on the way you drive. If you're planning on upgrading almost to anything else but stock...i.e. turbo, supercharger...etc. etc., you would still have to run higher octane gas. Whenever I am done with my build I KNOW that I will have to run the highest octane gas. It is the price you have to pay for performance. If you ask me, I'll pay the price and enjoy it. :D I may not like it though, but I sure as hell will enjoy it.

i have the GSR B18c in my EK hatch with a Skunk2 intake mani and password JDM CF intake and i get 34mpg highway and 27 city.

as far as the axles go, you will need to get new...you can find them at autozone or any local parts store...just remember to tell them its for a GSR integra.

Ok cool. Well the swap I am buying is complete JDM B18c but it is missing the tranny and axles. I got some pics, he says it has 60,000 miles. What do you guys think?

GetAttachment.aspx
GetAttachment.aspx
GetAttachment.aspx
GetAttachment.aspx

I'll have to pay a shop to do the auto to manual tranny swap, then do the engine swap. I'm just hoping that the B18c will be the swap I am looking for... will it be worth it in my EK hatch? Would it give, say, a '98 Prelude a run for its money?

Um, you realize that you can't bolt a B-series transmission up to a D-series engine, right?

You're going to need to have everything done at the same time or else buy a manual D-series transmission to use in the meantime between the auto-to-manual conversion and the GS-R swap...

Yes.. I was planning on buying a B16 tranny cause it's geared for acceleration.. and I don't do travelling so it should be ok haha.

Back