jdm gsr oil leak

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondasol

hey im new to this site, but have been around other forums before. i have a jdm gsr in a 92 hatch, well the motor has a leak i think it is comming from the vtec solonoid(i think) any way to fix? i use mobile 1 and its gettin expensive to keep filling up. do those stop leak thinks work? any clue? thanks

Quoted post[/post]]
hey im new to this site, but have been around other forums before. i have a jdm gsr in a 92 hatch, well the motor has a leak i think it is comming from the vtec solonoid(i think) any way to fix? i use mobile 1 and its gettin expensive to keep filling up. do those stop leak thinks work? any clue? thanks

look online or go to your local honda and order a new vtec solenoid seal and change it...make sure it is coming from there and not you cam cap plug..... it should be cheap

I had the exact same problem. I didn't use any new parts. I took the solenoid off and noticed that the little oil passage pivots and found that it was pointed right at the gasket. I spun it around to mate up with the corresponding passage, torqued to solenoid bolts, and have run over 6K miles without a drop or any seepage at all.

Back