JDM GSR swap in 94 ls p72 ecu. Limp mode 6700rpm. No vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

atsyuo

Ok so i just finished a motor swap with my 94 ls. I put a jdm gsr b18c (obd1) i bought off h-motors online. I also bought a jdm p72 ecu(obd1) from the same place. Since my car is an Ls it doesn't have the vtec pre wired. I wired the vtec at least 5 different ways. The current set up i have now is the the vtec solonoid, vtec oil pressure switch, and knock sensor just straight wired into the correct pin locations in the ecu. I am running a skunk 2 intake manifold so no secondary butterfly vaulves are needed. The vtec ground is just wired to the engine bay( I've tried wiring the ground the the battery ground and the ecu holder metal thing.) So with everything wired correctly i take it for a drive. The car does not pull vtec and its running in limp mode with a 6700 rpm rev limiter while throwing a check engine light. When the car wouldn't pull vtec i ran the vtec solonoid straight to the positive battery cable so the solonoid is always kicked open. When i took this for a drive it pulled vtec just fine. The code that the ecu is throwing is code 1. ( assuming that code one is when u turn the key to on mode and the check engine light stays on and blinks once.) The code 1 indicates that the O2 sensor is bad. So i replaced it with the Bosch universal one.( I made sure i wired it correctly.) This did absolutly nothing. Apon putting my LS ecu in the car it still throws the same check engine light/code. Ive tried everything amaginable so far and looked all throghtout honda-tech with anyone that has the same problem. No luck so far so i just decided to make a post. Any one please help. Im open to any suggestions. :(

well the only thing i know of that causes limp modes is a bad distrubtor or bad vtec selinoid

yes ??????????????????????? this thread is oldddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Back