jdm h22 motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

keiko916

i just bought a jdm h22a motor and i would like to replace the clutch, water pump and distributor cap. Do these parts need to be special ordered or can i go to the local auto parts and pick one up..if so what yr and model car should i tell them.

thanks

Clutch and water pump are the same as the Si VTEC/H22A1. The distributer, you will need to source from a 94-95 Accord VTEC (F22B1), since they're both internal coil....IF you're sticking with internal coil, that is.

so are you saying that i will not be able to use the distributor that came with it..my cousin is coming over this weekend to do the swap so i don't have much time to go searching for parts.

thanks

What car is it going into? Is it originally external or internal coil?

If it's internal coil, you're set - just replace the cap (I didn't mean the whole distributor). If it's external coil, it's my understanding that you to do some modification to make the engine work with that car - I'm unsure of what, though. tab has a pretty good idea, though....hopefully he'll post here.

internal coil so i should be ok with the stock distributor..i was wondering if you know website or a way to tell how many miles are on the engine.

no place to find out. you just gotta hope the guy with the prelude took the bus a lot.

your really lucky to have a car that already has an internal coil. i keep having to replace my wiring cause its so close to my header.

Quoted post[/post]]
so are you saying that i will not be able to use the distributor that came with it..my cousin is coming over this weekend to do the swap so i don't have much time to go searching for parts.

thanks
dude you can use your internal coil...you dont need shit. and if u put msd get the us dist. cap from autozone thats what i did so that you can hook up an external coil, simple.

Quoted post[/post]]
no place to find out. you just gotta hope the guy with the prelude took the bus a lot.

your really lucky to have a car that already has an internal coil. i keep having to replace my wiring cause its so close to my header.

thanks for alll your help with the clutch and dist. cap.
i am putting this into a '92 prelude type s, but i ran into a problem when i took out the cv axle they are different length. the jdm cv axle are shorter then the one i have on my old motor. Which one is the correct one to install.

also i notice that od2 requires 2 O2 sensor on the exhaust, but i have only one on my stock how do i fix this.

does anyone know where i can get wire harness conversion from obd1 to obd2. i live in sac and need it asap since this is my commuter car.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

i am putting this into a '92 prelude type s, but i ran into a problem when i took out the cv axle they are different length. the jdm cv axle are shorter then the one i have on my old motor. Which one is the correct one to install.

also i notice that od2 requires 2 O2 sensor on the exhaust, but i have only one on my stock how do i fix this.

does anyone know where i can get wire harness conversion from obd1 to obd2. i live in sac and need it asap since this is my commuter car.

You dont need a conversion harness just for an o2 sensor.... Is the ECU obd1? If the ecu is obd1 it is only lookinf for one o2 so you can plug the other bung. If the ECU is obd2 and you bought it from a reputeable jdm motor retailer give them a call and ask to swap ECU's asthey should have asked you to specify the the car and year so that they would send you the right ecu.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

You dont need a conversion harness just for an o2 sensor.... Is the ECU obd1? If the ecu is obd1 it is only lookinf for one o2 so you can plug the other bung. If the ECU is obd2 and you bought it from a reputeable jdm motor retailer give them a call and ask to swap ECU's asthey should have asked you to specify the the car and year so that they would send you the right ecu.

my car has ob1 and i read somewhere that i will need to get a wire harness conversion in order to use the jdm ecu which is an ob2.

will my stock wire harness work ?

your right they gave me the wrong ecu..
which pin on the ecu do i run the vtec wire to?i'm running a wire to the ecu from vtec..could not find any info on this

Back