JDM H22 swap, noob needs help.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92humlude

Hey guys, sorry if this gets long....

I just finished a JDM H22 Euro R swap (T2W4 LSD too!) into my 92 Lude Si 4WS. I had the harness converted by Rywire, running a chipable p28 from Xenocron, and working with H22a basemaps on Crome (different inj. sizes on jdm h22 euro-r vs. udsm h22a maybe part of my issue?!?!?) My problems are the car heating up quickly, up to 3/4 on the gauge within 4 minutes, and I cant get the idle to drop below 1800. I've already gone through and eliminated all the cel codes, now the check engine light stays on.

I have done my homework, and here is a list of where I'm at, and whats been done/tried already:

New t-belt/tensioner, balance shaft belt/tensioner, H2o pump, oil pump, radiator (found a crack in mine), thermostat/rad-cap, system bled and bled and bled. Ignition timing set (tried advanced and more retarded, no significant change), tried a different map sensor, cleaned the IACV, cleaned the TB and butterfly, TPS metered out perfectly, the JDM H22 TB has no idle screw, hooked in a vac gauge has good vac, afr gauge reads a little rich, and throttle cable not too tight. There is what looks like could a FITV on the bottom of the TB but there are no ports going into the actual intake, looks like its just a coolant passage to rout it over to the IACV, but not positive. Anyway, I'm sure theres more I'm forgetting, but anything would be greatly apprecaited. Thank you for taking the time to read my first thread, and sorry it was so lengthy. Peace, and happy motoring!

some times when you do a jdm h22 swap into the 92-96 preludes the fans will no longer work. this happened to mine. did the h22a swap in my 92 lude also. so try running a hot wire to see if the fans will kick on then. if so and you have checked all fuses and what nots. then i would say just run you a toggle switch to control the fans.

Back