JDM H22 swap ?s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

does anyone know of any good sites that will show me (with pictures) of all the hoses and wire harness connections, and colors of wires, cuz mine's are all cut up like a boitch, can't tell which wires plug where.

a haynes or chilton will have the layout with colors but no pictures. if it is all cut up you probably should buy another harness

thats weird because i've worked on some intermediate shafts before that didn't have the mounting bolts. i'd say, having some is better than none.

thats weird because i've worked on some intermediate shafts before that didn't have the mounting bolts. i'd say, having some is better than none.

so then please explain to me how the intermediate shaft is mounted. post some pictures please.....because accords have the intermediate shaft bolted to the back of the block

Automatic Accords dont have an intermediate shaft that mounts to the block. I'm pretty sure that all manuals have the intermediate shaft though.

Yah I don't think the axle mounts make much difference anyways.

But i got my jdm H22 runnin. I had bought a 2.25 inch full catback exhaust, headers, and catalytic converter separately. But now it doesn't seem to fit perfectly. I might have to do some cutting and welding tomorrow. I'm hoping they didn't give me the wrong parts for wrong year, although it looks to be correct as it says on paper.

Exhaust is for H22. My prelude came a base model type S and now i had converted to JDM H22 vtec. looks like i'm going to have to cut and weld some pipes eventhough the aftermarket headers/catback/exhaust is made for H22. i'll try to post some pictures up cuz its so frustrating. Does anyone know how the map sensor deal goes? I know the map sensor on my base model plugs on the firewall. The jdm map sensor however is on top of the throttle body and 3rd party opinions say i should use the jdm map sensor. My map sensor wire doesnt reach the jdm throttle body map sensor. My guess is splice wires and reconnect? I'm wondering why i can't use my original map sensor on the firewall. I'm starting to get clueless guys. Someone who knows this stuff please explain to me.

Last edited:
Exhaust is for H22. My prelude came a base model type S and now i had converted to JDM H22 vtec. looks like i'm going to have to cut and weld some pipes eventhough the aftermarket headers/catback/exhaust is made for H22. i'll try to post some pictures up cuz its so frustrating. Does anyone know how the map sensor deal goes? I know the map sensor on my base model plugs on the firewall. The jdm map sensor however is on top of the throttle body and 3rd party opinions say i should use the jdm map sensor. My map sensor wire doesnt reach the jdm throttle body map sensor. My guess is splice wires and reconnect? I'm wondering why i can't use my original map sensor on the firewall. I'm starting to get clueless guys. Someone who knows this stuff please explain to me.

you can use your map sensor. but you might as well use the one on the tb.

im in the process of swaping an H22 into my 89 Lude, im having a hard time finding the mounts and shafts, does annyone have any links or tips on where i could get them? i would really apprichate it... thanks guys

i blew my 92 lude that came with an F22. i'm swapping JDM H22 and i need to find out asap if i will be able to use the JDM intake manifold. plus i havent got the ecu yet. should i get the jdm ecu or the usdm? is there a difference? and what color is the oil pump switch connector because it seems like mine is cut off from the wire harness. Any pics or site recommendations to help me with this issue will be appreciated. thanks guys.

You'll need a JDM ECU P13 or better

yeah i got a p13, full catback, h22 usdm wires, and everything, i'll let you guys know how it comes along once im done with it. Man this airport job is taking over all my time

Picture036.jpg

AWWSHITJPGSIZE.jpg

Hahah sweet looks good, man that pic take me back, but sounds like you got everything to make it work. I see you alredy rewired the dizzy. to me that was the hardest part, cross ref.. those wires and ish... I see you have LSD, mine is without, at least you wont' get wheel hop like I do whewwww that joint jumps liek a jack rabbit lol!!! you might want to get urathane motor mounts cause your going to blow your front mount prolly in a matter of weeks. Those stock mounts are weak!!! Good luck and keep updated!!!

Yeah man thanks for the compliments, well actually, one of my dogs chewed up the distributor wires when i was doing the swap lol, so i gave him away actually. I was pissed cuz dizz aint cheap and i didnt feel like buying another one so i just rewired them. Well i got the engine runing and all, but i still need to wire the IAB, vtec, and knock sensor. Couldn't find much details on them yet. I dont want to mess up my p13 so i'm still waiting to be 100% sure on how to do it before anything.

The latest pic after i got the rims and my aero bumper on there. Still gonna put my spyder side skirts on and take off the old school combats!
peng7.jpg

peng4.jpg

Back