JDM H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

H22A1Accrd

I have a JDM H22A in my 92 accord, at first the company sent me a auto ecu with the manual swap. Then i got them to send me the manu ecu. I have a slightly high idle and fuel cutoff is at about 7000. Is this normal? Maybe i dont have the best ecu for my setup? Top speed is about 112.

JDM ECU's have lower speed limiters than USDM. It sounds like your VTEC solenoid is not activating. Mine did the same thing after my swap cuz I had the wrong connector plugged to the solenoid. Do you have any check engine lights? It could also be your oil pressure sending unit or you could just be low on oil so VTEC won't engage. Does it feel like the VTEC is engaging at 5500 RPM's?

I have the same setup. VTEC should engage hard at 5000, as long as the engine is warm and you're in gear. My car idles fairly normal. I don't know what you consider high. If it is over 8-900 rpms, I'd probably check for a vacuum leak. If you have a Check Engine Light, now would be a good time to check it out. I would also check for sure which ECU you have, auto or manual. My ECU is auto, and I have pulled it up past 7500 rpms. Good luck. :)

Back