1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jdm H22a Eg Civic - Ecu Help!

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by Cablerat, Jun 6, 2003.

1. Cablerat

Cablerat Junior Member

93 SI with JDM H22A

Pretty much anytime while driving my ecu throws a knock sensor code.. say 10 mins, 20 mins, 45 seconds or whatever of driving...

It's not the knock sensor itself though cuz i've replaced it with 2 others and they all did the same thing..
    And besides doens't the knock sensor accomodate without throwing a code? It's because the ecu read an odd voltage from the sensor that it shutdown into safe mode right?

It's a P13 JDM ECU.

Error Code 23..

I've reset the system many times and it comes back.

Also it's not at any particular rpm.. like yesterday right as i hit vtec it would come on. Then today on the highway at 3300 it came on.. then 20 mins ago I shifted at 5500 thru each gear and NO CODE..

I tested continuity, it was fine. I was shaking the damn wire all over the place and nothing..

So then I disconnected the sensor completely from the ecu harness(removed the pin once and cut the wire out 2 inches second time).. Drove around for 20 mins and then engine code came on!

Next weird thing.. and i tested this like 20 times!

Everytime I drive uphill, regardless of GEAR or RPM or SPEED.. if the upward motion is like longer than 5 seconds it will throw the code.. I mean hills ranging for like 20 - 60 degree.. I went up like 20 different hills and 95% of the time the code was thrown.. I drove around completely flat roads and nothing..

I have HCP MOUNTS.

I'm in the right pinout, D3 Yellow-white.

At this point I'm coming close to assume ECU problem, but need other people's opinion!

Anyone have any experience with this sensor before? what did you face and how did you fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

2. AllMotorMonster

AllMotorMonster Senior Member

Inland Empire foo!
    Could be an ecu problem.

In fact, it probably is an ecu problem if you unplugged the sensor and you're still getting the code.
Draft saved Draft deleted