Jdm H22a/f20b Tranny Synchros?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think my trannys going. First gear grinds sometimes when i put in at speed (coming to stop light and gearing down). it doesnt grind when i put it in at a stop but as long as the car is moving at 25-5 mph it will grind. Any suggestions?? Also when i shift from 1st to 2nd, 1st has a overpositive feel (like wanting to jump out 1st but it doesnt do that, mind you) ,the same with 3rd with over positve feel and 5th grinds like 1st at speed (i have to sink the clutch and let the rpms drop to idle then put it in 5th the release the clutch). Any ideas on what to replace and where i can obtain those replacements (reasonable priced honda part supplier) would be much appreciated. Or where can I get a tranny rebuild kit from?

:worthy: HondaSwap

All 1st gears will grind in any car when you try to put it in going 25 :bash: If that is the only problem, the answer is easy : stop putting it in 1st while it is moving.

i know that honda trannys have a 1st gear lockout above a certain speed. Im not exactly sure what that speed is but im sure 1st gear is not supposed to do that and it really grieves my soul when it does so i would like to get it fixed.

When i first got the car it simply refused to go into first above a certain speed (no grinds, no sounds, just no first gear until i slowed enough for it to go in).

And just for reference 1st gear with a 3.285 ratio should get me up to 35-40 mph @ 7400 rpm so i should be to get it in 1st at 25 mph because the lock out shouldnt be in effect.
Any help would be appreciated.

Damn that was an easy fix thanks alot guys my tranny works really well now, but seriously that helps me like this__much so i take it no one really knows what is up with the first gear and note that is NOT the only problem

Back