jdm h22a head?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DESPAIN

yep....mmhhm.......yep...
ok as many know i have a h22a. bottom end is buit, but not the top end. i am running about 17.5lbs. boost. know i want to buid my head.ie: cams,valves.......everything.
my question is what is the best way to go about this without wasting alot of money?
and does anyone know where i can buy a fully built head that is ready to install?

Valvetrain can be tricky. I went through this with the head on my B18B1. Be weary of buying online because part numbers often get mixed up.

If I were you, I'd call up Supertech, Brian Crower, etc. and see what you can find for your engine. Most of them will offer you everything in a package. Expect to spend 1k+ and also expect to see a minimal difference until you get a tune for the new setup.

i wouldnt rebuild the head with out a tune. 400+ whp is not good to run untuned.....lol learned that the hard way too! i will call my local performance shop and ask them. i been looking on craigs list for one.

i think endyn does all that work too. if you wanted you could use them for valvetrain parts too, but i'd recommend against that since you live in flower mound and could get a much better deal on the same parts.

btw, when'd you move to flower mound. I used to live out there

my parents have lived out there for about 7 years now. and i moved about 1/2 mile from them. i live right across the street from the dam. on the flower mound side.

yeah, even if i still lived out there we'd be at opposite ends. I lived off 3040 and gerault. wish i had a decent job then....or i'd have bought that house from my grama. She was paying 600 a month (with utils) for a 200k house (3/4 paid down).

Back