JDM H22A into a 1993 Civic DX coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The H22 into a 92-95 civic swap is definitely more difficult than a regular b series drop (and i say drop because the damn thing bolts in) but don't listen to all those people who think that just because you have extra lbs up front and more torque that you can't daily drive it. Granted yes, during high speeds your car will lose control if you try and Initial D the fucker, but that isn't realistic. Daily driven H22's are good. As far as your budget, you should really be looking at about 4k for the entire thing to be done. that's 2k for the motor/tranny/ecu, 250 for the axles (integra + accord combo shaft), 500 for the mounts (i got hasport and they are CLEAN), 300-500 for a custom exhaust, and the rest will probably be used for maintenance during the changeover. I spent a total of roughly 7000 and my car kills WS6s without problem. You won't be able to keep your A/C or P/S but it's kinda worth it if you want the speed. There isn't much room for a turbo after the swap, but the last guy that I know did that had a shotty setup that blew his motor. Once I get enough money I'm going to start working into integrating a Vortech SC kit for the s2k into the H22 swap.

hope that helped.

yes, anything is possible, and yes there is a mount kit for that motor into your car.

I recommend the C5 instead..

Man i say just do what ever u really wanna do. If you really wanna do something then do it. Dont let other people talk you out of it just because they dont like it or think you should do it. I mean HECK! I am only 15. I dont turn 16 for another 3 months and i am about to buy an USDM H22 motor for my 97 civic EX. And another thing is that me and my dad are gonna do the swap ourselves. But it might be a little easier for us since my dad has about 20 years of auto mechanics under his belt. And he will also be able to do the wiring and cuttin and welding. And i also got lucky because i know a guy that has a wrecked 92 prelude (which is where i will be gettin the engine ) that still has a perfectly good engine. And i am gonna be able to buy it for only $400. So i kinda got lucky there. But anyways like i was sayin. If u really wanna do it then go for it. Another thing is that right now my car is automatic but the engine i am swappin out is a 5-speed, which is gonna also increase the difficulty of the swap for me. But thats not stoppin me. So i say go for it! And GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Originally posted by civic2nr9177@Oct 29 2003, 11:22 PM
Man i say just do what ever u really wanna do. If you really wanna do something then do it. Dont let other people talk you out of it just because they dont like it or think you should do it. I mean HECK! I am only 15. I dont turn 16 for another 3 months and i am about to buy an USDM H22 motor for my 97 civic EX. And another thing is that me and my dad are gonna do the swap ourselves. But it might be a little easier for us since my dad has about 20 years of auto mechanics under his belt. And he will also be able to do the wiring and cuttin and welding. And i also got lucky because i know a guy that has a wrecked 92 prelude (which is where i will be gettin the engine ) that still has a perfectly good engine. And i am gonna be able to buy it for only $400. So i kinda got lucky there. But anyways like i was sayin. If u really wanna do it then go for it. Another thing is that right now my car is automatic but the engine i am swappin out is a 5-speed, which is gonna also increase the difficulty of the swap for me. But thats not stoppin me. So i say go for it! And GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

well that's cool and all but your dad's 20 yrs of auto mechanic experience didn't know that h22's didn't get put into preludes in the us until 93. :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: good luck.

Back