jdm h22a into a 94 vtec lude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dbang003

ok...here's the deal...i am helping a friend drop a 97 jdm h22a into his 94 vtec lude...we have a couple of questions about wiring that i haven't been able to find by soing searches...both setups r obd1 so that is not a problem.

one question is that the 94 vtec setup on the distributor is external coil while the jdm motor is internal coil...is there a way to wire this without swapping in the 94 distributor? this is because it is old and has many miles on it...would like to use the fresh one...

2nd question is about the map sensors...4th gen is on the firewall and 5th gen usdm and jdm is on the throttle body...he started swapping over the wiring harnesses without me and i haven't even seen any of it yet, but do the plugs match up? or what do we have to do to remedy this...

3rd is about the injectors...which ones to use...i know that they are definately different...

that is all i can think of right now...any info is greatly appreciated...and any links to swap guides would be great...thanx for the help...

drew

visit... this site! www.h22a.org for your first question!

And second the should match up fine... you just attach the vaccum line to the bottom of the map sensor... you dont have to mount it on the firewall... you can hide it or do as you wish!

and third use the h22 injectors!

if you wanna convert from internal to external visit this site: www.collectiveracing.net under how-to by 2point6 there's step by step instruction

if you haven't notice already...the 97 injector actually fits your harness without modification right? cuz 97 JDM is still OBD1...(daymn i'm giving it away)

Back